14 Days and Counting

Good Morning Fellow Authors of New and Non-Drinking Chapters…This is day 14 for me. Not gonna lie; had plenty of thoughts of…”let me just stop for one” BUT I didn’t cave. I dipped into another store, found a conversation, looked at pets on the gram, cooked or…came here to read or connect.

I just wanted to thank you folks for giving me a place to come too…for being brave enough to share both your victories and your failures. It’s not easy to be open about shortcomings, it’s not easy to say hey I’m not like every other social drinker…My stop button is broken, and it’s hard to ask for help, BUT each and every one of you including myself have, and continue to do so…I’m proud of us for that.

Be proud of you…we’re far from perfect, but damn it were fighters…are we scared? Yes, terrified sometimes, but we RISE…never forget your worth fighting for.

You. ARE. WORTH. IT!

Don’t forget to love yourself today. Stop fighting against yourself. Stay healthy, and be blessed.

:raised_hands:t2::heart::grinning::ocean:

18 Likes

Great job on your 14 days!! I know it is not easy. You have a lot to be proud of… and keep it going!!

1 Like

Thank you, Bonnie! I so truly appreciate your voice and presence! You are an inspiration! :blush::heart::raised_hands:t2::ocean:

1 Like

Thank you!! My name is Sassy tho, not Bonnie. :heart:

1 Like

Ooops! Oh my goodness I am soooo sorry! My apologies Sassy!

I can’t keep up and I get totally confused in these forums. Again, so sorry!

Great words! :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

Lol, no worries at all. And no need to apologize.

1 Like

Thank you :grinning::upside_down_face:

Have a blessed day!

1 Like

Hahaha- I always say “my stop button is broken” funny now, not so much in the moment! Congrats on 14! And to your point-
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog. :blue_heart: :muscle:
Please no one take this literally-dog fighting is horrible. :no_mouth: lol

4 Likes

:100: on all topics!

It really is comforting to know there are others in this world with the same broken buttons…makes the fight feel easier to conquer!

Blessings to you fellow warrior! :raised_hands:t2::heart::ocean:

2 Likes

I agree! I start every morning reading this forum. It positively breaks up my usual thought process for the day. We just removed the button altogether! :grinning:

3 Likes

I do the same exact thing. I get myself set up for the day and then sign on here. It helps to reframe my traditional thought process :blush:

I think that’s a huge part of it…creating new routines and establishing new ways of thinking. They say that can take 90 days…let’s hope that’s a truth :smiley:

Looking forward to being a better version of myself :raised_hands:t2:

4 Likes

It’s easier to do in a “place” like this, when you’re surrounded by others you understand.

Well done on 2 weeks! Keep it going!

2 Likes

Awesome job!

1 Like

Thank you for the words of encouragement! Truly, so appreciated :grinning::raised_hands:t2:

Have a blessed day!

I love that saying,”my stop button is broken” this is one that I will be stealing…lol. I usually say to people when I’m asked why aren’t you drinking? I say I can’t just have one so I’m having non, I broke normal drinking. But your saying sounds loads better :+1: great work on them days lady! I’m so glad to be on this journey with you :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Steal away my friend! Darn broken buttons are tricky, so now I just throw an “out of order” on that stinkin button and keep keeping on!

I feel blessed to walk with you as well! I hope Tuesday treated you well! I made some ricotta cookies and didn’t burn one batch! :raised_hands:t2::dancer::grinning:

1 Like

Great job on your 2 weeks.
We certainly are worth it :slight_smile:
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

1 Like

Thank you, and we sure are!

Happy Christmas! May you New Year be blessed :christmas_tree::grinning::raised_hands:t2:

1 Like