14 days in, stressed but not drinking!

I’ve got 14 days. I had some stress today that would be something I’d probably drink after, have a few beers to just numb out, but I’m not doing it. I don’t even want to, but I’m recognizing what I would have done before. I have a terrible stress headache, and the motrin isn’t helping it… I’m wondering if it’s partially being in that stress mode and not fixing it with alcohol is causing the headache. It’s like my brain expects it or something. Or it’s a coincidence.

8 Likes

I save a lot of the charts you post. Thank you.

3 Likes

Pear bear, I’m sorry you’ve had a stressful day. I’ve got to say… well done on not giving in and drinking! This is a massive achievement! Each time we don’t use old coping mechanisms we start to forge a new pathway in our brain and we get stronger and stronger. All while the old coping pathway grasses over. Each time we use our new sober skills to deal with shitty days it becomes more and more used and then becomes the way we deal. Hope that makes sense lol. Hope your head feels better soon hun, try and get some rest. Great work today I’m so proud of you, this is a hard thing to do :+1::clap:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Great post, pretty inspiring to stay on track.

2 Likes

Thank you for the supportive replies. Today has been better!

1 Like

I feel you completely. You’re doing great. It’s your body thinking it needs the alcohol cause that’s your comfort system. Try to eat something or stay hydrated and drink water or a coke or something. Your body will learn to that it doesn’t have and won’t get what it thinks it wants. You’re doing a rewiring. You’re doing great you got this!

2 Likes