14 days no oxycodone

There ya go! Take pride in that and get yourself another good job and start taking care of business that’ll be an accomplishment you’ll be sure to be proud of yourself!

1 Like

That’s good to know I would be freaked out if I did permanent damage to my brain

Wow lmao. Yeah screw that I hate telling doctors about my addiction

1 Like

I’m back. Starting over again. but this time I have 2 weeks off, no work, no obligations, nothing. I can literally sit at home everyday all day and kick this habit! Hope ur still doing well and going strong Dan! How have you been feeling?!

1 Like

Defintely feeling like shit this morning. Sneezing and leg pain are getting the best of me right now

1 Like

I’m on day 8!!! Can you believe that

2 Likes

I can relate. Drugs were so abundant in my area that I finally just decided to button down and go to a suboxone clinic. They’re expensive but it’s definitely a fraction of the money you spend having a real drug habit. Best decision I ever made. Saved my life.

Day 34 today for me at 1130! :slight_smile: great job everyone

1 Like

Great job everyone. honestly I’m just bored. I feel fine physically just have no motivation and very bored at the same time. mentally just feel stuck almost like I’m never gonna feel motivation again or feel energized enough to do what I need to do…

2 Likes

I started on OxyContin back when there were 80’s. Eventually I moved to heroine. Then when I needed to “quit” I got on subutex. Heed this: take the icy or h withdrawal before choosing subutex, suboxone, or methadone. Those are much harder to stop and take 10 times as long. I almost died, went to er in ambulance and all. Im 33 and decided that’s it, done. I gotb3 months clean and was feeling truly amazing, which sounds like the phase you’re entering. Even though I almost died, I had one really bad day and relapsed. I just wanted to warn you that being overconfident in the early, amazing feeling times is more dangerous than you realize. 3 very frustrating things led me to relapse that day. You will get a day like that. All I’m suggesting is plan now what to do when it comes. Even if it’s telling a family member or friend, and handing them your keys until you relax. I’m just so pissed, as that led into a new multi month relapse and I’m just getting clean again. Have a plan for a bad day or for when that amazing feeling finally levels out

3 Likes

Just do it now and take it serious. I’ve started and stopped with withdrawals literally hundreds of times over 14 years or so. I want that time back so badly. When you hit your 30’s you’ll start to see your body can’t handle it anymore anyway due to getting older. I heard about at least 20 od deaths in my area in 2016. Don’t wait until you have to or die anyway. Give yourself options and a life and quit young. You can’t speak to any of the people who you used to use with. Make clean friends in meetings

2 Likes

Of course relapsing sounds great right now. because all I want is some energy, too feel good. instead of feeling lazy all the time with no motivation. My mind is my worst enemy right now. every time i think “this or that needs to get done” I follow with I don’t have the energy to do it because I’m sober now. But I know where relapse will get me. Doing it one more time never happrns it always ends up being a full blown addiction again and you have to go through those withdraws again. I just would really do anything to get some energy back again. anything. except relapse and so far nothing I have tried has worked.

1 Like

I have tried videos but they haven’t helped so far. I just can’t get my brain to think okay you can do this! it’s just telling me nope stay on this couch you don’t feel good enough. it sucks.

1 Like

@owlgirl95 , most addicts have a B vitamin, magnesium, and omega-3 deficiency. Try taking those vitamins or getting the vitamins in food. Your body is still healing and may be lacking something.

1 Like