15 days until 1 year sober and question

Is it a thing to have extremely lucid dreams about drinking??? Like, being so close to your year and suddenly you’re dreaming realistically about losing it all because you’re stressed out so that moscow mule looks so refreshing and that margarita well be such a good time… And you wake up in a panic just waiting for the hangover and trying to hold back the vomit because you’re not sure if you can tell the difference between nightmares and reality. And in your nightmares is the only time alcohol ever sneaks into your thoughts.
Because of this isn’t a thing that happens, I might have bigger issues than I initially anticipated! :rofl:

1 Like

It is definitely a thing that happens…at least it did for me. The 1 year mark brought up a LOT of stuff. And it all passed as well.

Huge congratulations on your almost year!! That is fantastic!!!

3 Likes

I’m coming up on 11 months and within the last few weeks I’ve had a ton of drinking dreams that are super vivid. I have absolutely no desire to drink when I’m awake so I can’t figure it out.

I’d say that in the last few weeks I’ve had the same number of drinking dreams that I’ve had over the entire course of my sobriety. I can’t figure it out! Nothing really has changed and there’s nothing crazy stressful going on in my life; everything is actually going really well and I love sobriety.

Guess we’re in the same boat!

1 Like

I have been told by sponsors and other people with multiple years in recovery that milestones seem to bring up “stuff” . Don’t forget our addicts are never gone no matter how many years clean and sober we get they are there in the darkness of our psyche waiting for us to take that first drug or drink.
I will be clean of meth for 16 years in June and as of a week ago I have started having very intense meth using dreams out of the blue. My one year mark for alcohol was like that too, lots of very vivid drinking dreams. Like others have said they are just dreams dont make more of them then they are. Congrats on your clean time!!! Getting to a year is no small feat.

Oh and on a side note, I also love Moscow Mules and virgin ones are just as nice and refreshing. Not so sure its the alcohol that makes those drinks anyways think its the ginger beer and the cup. :blush:

1 Like

Ok, you rockstar, you! 16 years is bangarang!!! I’ve got 1 year, 2 months and 2 weeks clean of blow, not one dream or thought about that. But the drinking! I drink ginger beer when I’m “out” I love it! The spicier the better.

1 Like