16 days clean from meth

Today is two weeks and a day since i decided to quit smoking meth. So far it hasn’t been that hard but i fear the struggle is going to get very bad and hoping i can continue on this journey of being clean.
I’ve used for the last 20+ years and tried multiple times to quit lost several jobs, jobs that ment a lot to me and wish i still had. I’m hoping this time will be different.

11 Likes

Welcome to TS :smiling_face::people_hugging:

I’ve no experience of meth, alcohol was my drug of choice. But, I’ll say to you what I say to others regardless of their DoC.

Keep yourself away from places and people you associate using with. Keep yourself out of harms way, as much as you can. If there is a time of the day that you associate using at, make sure you got some plans, do whatever you need to fill the void and keep yourself busy.

Get support, and build your sober toolbox. Your sober toolbox is a very personal thing. What works for one, may not work for someone else, so you need to tailor it so it works for you.

I’d highly recommend you attend meetings, so you feel supported by people walking the same journey as you. Everyone here is fantastic, and I recommend you check in daily with us :slightly_smiling_face:

If you ever feel like using, remember what meth has taken from you in the past. Do not let it take from you anymore. From now on, your sobriety is about improving your life in every way.

Congratulations on your 2 week sobriety by the way! :raised_hands::tada::clap:

5 Likes

Welcome here Dave, nice to meet you.
I’m Claudia by the way

@Binx said already a lot of good stuff.
What I like to add is use the search button on top of this page. There is loads of info to find about addiction to meth here.
Glad you are here and admitting you have a problem, that’s such a giant step in recovery.

My addiction is alcohol. This app has helped me a lot to get my life back. But it is hard work, it’s more then “just quit”
So be here a lot is my advise.
Read, invole and become a part of this great community. We are from all over the world, I’m from the Netherlands for example. So if you need help, no matter how late, there is always someone up to talk to you.
shutterstock_739797655

6 Likes

Hi Dave, welcome to TS and congratulations on 2 weeks. I’m so glad you found this place. Heroin was my DOC, I’m one month clean today. I don’t think I’d have been so successful if it weren’t for this place. I’m still very early on my journey so I don’t have any sparkling words of wisdom for you, I’ll leave that to the pros like @Binx, @SoberWalker and many more folk here. But stick around if you can :heart:

5 Likes

Welcome and congrats on 16 days… Odaat. They keep adding up. Check in often. Lots of good advice here and understanding

2 Likes