16 days sober now

Im sober for 16 days now…after relapsing for 3 years. I have been very tired. Its been rough.

16 Likes

I have had years of sobriety…but now im trying to build on the 16 days. I was sick of the …having to drink cycle…and worried about my health too.

3 Likes

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. Here you’ll find lots of support. Fantastic work on your 16 days!
Getting sober is hard, but it’s SO worth it, and you’re worth it. Stay determined, don’t pick up a drink - no matter what, and take things one day at a time :relaxed: wish you well!

2 Likes

Well done on the 16 days!
Im have been in that cycle also. Ive gotten long periods of sobriety and have thrived. Im back 13 days myself. I also read a post here yesterday about a young girl my age diognosed with cirrhosis. Really pits things into perspective. If i didnt know already how bad it was for my health :roll_eyes: best of luck. If you get cravings play the tape forward and think of that awful detox. Sending love and hope to see ypu here again soon​:heart:

1 Like

Welcome Mark…great job on the 16 days! The worst is behind you and now its mostly mind over matter.
This is an amazing community to help keep you on track.
Hold onto that feeling “sick of being in the drink cycle” and with one day at a time you will beat this addiction !

2 Likes

Welcome!! 16 days is really great. The drinking cycle does get heavy, I am glad you are putting it down.

Wow! 16 days is super. I’m on day one and am obsessed about having a drink. But like you, I want to get out of the internal cycle.

Thank you everyone for welcoming me and alice hang in there. One thing that has helped me is to eat a bowl of cereal…a drink just isn’t as tempting after that.

2 Likes

I have not used a sober site before…it is good to have a connection with people that understand. I have taken and do take antidepressants…im not sure they have helped much. I kno excercise does…its just hard to motivate. Im gonna go shovel snow. Mark

2 Likes

Amazing wat activity can do for staying sober. After shoveling…im much more content.

4 Likes

Thank you ray. Im still sober!

2 Likes

Congrats on your 16 days!! :tada:

@Markjackson i am at 16 days sober today as well. I feel so much better sober.

I’m going to try the cereal thing. At this point I am desperate :pensive:

1 Like

Congratulations! :grin:

I am 16 days today too. It is hard but I know I can’t go back to where I was. Hang in there. We can do it.