18 days check in

I know it’s not much, but I’m almost to my last streak of three weeks. That time, I thought, “this was easy, I’ll just have one and it’ll be fine” three years later I’m trying again. It has been much easier than I thought, the first few days it was hard to break the habit of turning into the beer store after work, but I have created a new routine and it seems to be working well so far. I have been able to focus better and multi task more effectively, and I’m figuring out my mental/emotional deficiencies. I still have a hot temper when driving, and I still am not a morning person, but now I know I can’t blame the alcohol. I am still vaping, but after I complete my first month of sobriety, I am going to double down and quit that too. The best thing about being sober is I have so much more fun with my boy. I used to focus more on the next beer than playing with him, now we go for a walk almost every day, play at the park, and it’s been wonderful. That makes the sobriety so much easier. I’ve even been in a few situations where I would have drank, but I said no with more ease than I expected. Anyway, sober October is working out beautifully so far, and I am really enjoying my life with more clarity and less needless health and monetary expense.

4 Likes

Well done thats great !!
Every day sober is a great achievement !!

Im on day 20 today and i can tell you i have days where i feel great and days where i feel guilt and days where ai have waves of ups and downs, the guilt i feel sometimes is for being short tempered and irritable with family and people close to me, i think it takes a while really for our brain chemistry to balance back out.

Its great your already feeling enjoyment with being sober especially with family, as they will notice this too and that helps us keep it up!!

congratulations for 18 days.

1 Like

18 days is super! :partying_face: Good for you! Every minute with your son is priceless and what a blessing you are having more quality time with him.

2 Likes

Congratulations on day 20!

1 Like

Thank you, its amazing how the support we can give eachother and the encouragment and insight, how much it actually gives us/me confidence and proud of our achievements.
Thanks again.

1 Like

I’m 18 days in sober October also. Feels good.
Keep up the good work.

2 Likes