19 and sober!

I am 19 years old and I am getting sober from Alcohol and K2. My sobriety began on 06/20/22 after a very bad incident. Me and my girlfriend struggled with Alcohol and myself with K2 aswell. That night I drank four beers and a large bottle of fireball and decided after drinking to go out and buy some more K2. I left during the night while my girlfriend stayed home watching TV. I decided I was going to end my life and took her car. Near the end of my trip to a very wooded area I called a few people to say goodbye. I then overdosed on a bottle of vodka and another bowl of K2 and ended up totaling my girlfriends car. My parents ended up calling the police to ping my phone and search for my location. I was resuscitated at the scene and was put into a mental hospital as a result of my actions. I got out of the hospital three days later and am still going strong on being sober. I struggle with the cravings, but have joined a substance abuse clinic for outpatient care to help me with my new walk of life. My girlfriend also checked herself into a rehab as a result of her drinking issue. We are now a sober couple and are planning for our future as a clean couple. I’ve taken up pool exercises to replace the unhealthy coping mechanism of substance abuse. I feel much happier in my skin, and have also put my faith back in God. Hopefully I can see your stories and we can be here for each other as time progresses! Till then Nate.

10 Likes

Welcome nate! This forum has done wonders for me and my sobriety. I hope you find fellowship here as many of us have. Glad you are still with us, you have so much more life to live

2 Likes

Glad you’re here brother!

1 Like

Happy you have come here for support. Get all the tools you need. Happy your are still here.

1 Like

Thank you! It’s much appreciated really, I’m glad I’m not alone!

1 Like

Thanks Boss, I appreciate it!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I’m glad you’re here,

I had a bad accident from drugs (famaldahide)and alcohol 'March 28’2012 . I never smoked that again. But I started using other drugs (coke and meth) and my addiction progressed. After staying awake 10 days I knew I needed help. I admitted into an inpatient program and found recovery with the 12 step program. Healthy Coping skills will help us in a time of need. Recovery is a lifestyle I have to continue. Today I have the Power and strength to be Sober one day at a time. Working with my sponsor and sponsoring other addicts helps me to stay focus and enjoy a sober living.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re here boss man, from one survivor to another I love yall

1 Like