1st day...12 hrs in

I’ve been fighting this on and off for the few years. I’m fine during the day, once I get home “it starts”. The craving, the rationalizing. This week I’ve been struggling more. I woke up this morning and said, this is it!! I can’t do this anymore!
As a teenager, I didn’t drink excessively, as a mother of 3 I didn’t drink. I was always extremely cautious. I grew up with an alcoholic father. I didn’t want to. I don’t know what happened.
I’m happy I’m here!!
Dee

7 Likes

Welcome! You can do this! There is a lot of support here, good luck!

Welcome, Dee. Your motivation for sobriety is high right now, so strike while the iron is hot! Here is a great thread full of ideas to help you get and stay sober: Resources for our recovery

Blessings on you house as you begin your journey. :pray:

1 Like

Hello, we are happy that you are here:) I’ve struggled with alcohol for years and with the help of my family, I am taking that first step and trying to live a better life. I am new to this forum as well and I am thankful for the love and support that everyone here offers. This process is one day at a time. We are in this together. Good luck and take care❤️

1 Like

Welcome Diana. We’re all here to help each other. You did the right thing by reaching out for some advice. I’ve had to change my entire evening routine just to get out of my own head. Instead of coming home from work and picking up that drink and drug, I now take a walk, come on here to read or jump on an AA meeting. Find something you like to do or maybe take up a new hobby.

1 Like