1st Day Binge Drinker

Alcohol has been my friend for many many years and I’m now desperate to stop drinking. I dont drink every day every other day or 3rd day binge drinking, I then feel really bad and say to myself I wont do it again but I do !!! So iv joined here to give me a little encouragement and hopefully get a little support a few tips etc and beable to input the same too. Feeling Positive

13 Likes

Welcome @Loreal1968. I’m hoping you have taken some time to read through this site. There is a lot of useful information contained in these threads. Please use the search feature to read about certain topics you have questions on. If you’re not finding the help you need please don’t be afraid to ask. Wishing you luck!

2 Likes

Welcome! I would recommend spending some time reading through the forum - there is a lot of experience, strength and hope shared here and maybe you can pick up some tips and learn what has worked (and not worked) for others.

2 Likes

A commitment to sobriety takes many forms, as you will read on this forum. You can find your path, and the help you need to take the steps along it. Welcome and blessings on your house :pray:

1 Like

Well your in a great place for hints and tips ,and a place of safety to share and not feel judged ,if you set aside some time to read thru similar post to what your doc is you will find your are not suffering alone.plesse keep reaching out.

Hi and welcome Rosie,
Is 1968 your year of birth? If it is we’re of the same age :grin:
My doc is alcohol, I think I admitted to myself I have problems with it when I was 30 years old or so. When I was in my 40’s I quit for 5 years, thought I was cured and discovered I was not.
Now back on the saddle again for more then 1 year.
What helped me?
Being here every day
Avoid alcohol related events in the first 3 months
Keep myself busy
Exploring new hobbies and people
Be honest to myself and others!

Hope to see you around often!
Good luck on your sober path.

2 Likes