1st day Here 😊

Hello, this is my first day in this app, looking for motivation to quit drinking :blush:

11 Likes

Welcome here,yesterday was my first day as well…i cant deal with it anymore,it is no longer fun…it causes emotional and physical pain…Glad you are here!!Stay connected …this forum is awesome!!:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome!! I am on day 9. I’ve gone without drinking for extended periods before but always started up again. This time around I decided to engage in the forum and it’s really helping me stay more committed to sobriety. A good reminder and why I want to be sober in the first place! I hope you find the community helpful as well on your journey.

2 Likes

I have tried in the past but it is so diffficult to do it alone, im positive about making a big change in my life, this is something I always keep in mind that i really need to work on.

1 Like

Thanks @MagicILY , I do hope can find this forum very helpfull and make this easier for me. :blush:

Thanks @Fargesia_murielae :blush:

1 Like

Welcome. It’s day 2 for me!

1 Like

Tell me why you have decided to quit now?

Hi, this is my first day too. I’ve been drinking far too much for far too long. Here’s wishing you all the very best, let’s do it together :blush:

1 Like

@Quittingfor40 good lets work hard on this :muscle:

@Gabriela
@PinkyP
@Quittingfor40
Just finished Day 1 and I’m a couple of hours into Day 2 - but this is not my first attempt! I forgot how helpful and supportive this forum is. Let’s stick around and share our journeys and celebrate our milestones together - sound good?

2 Likes

@Roundkick there are many reasons but i guess the most important one is that I dont like the persone i become when I drink.

3 Likes

Sounds perfect… I’m sure that I’ll find this easier with others around me who are going through it too xx

2 Likes

Thanks @PinkyP I have been drinking for over 9 years and is about time to start a life free of alcohol abuse. :muscle:

Sounds great to me @M-be-free49

1 Like

There must be some specific personal goals / raised standards you can establish for yourself that would give you the motivation you are looking for. I feel very similar that I don’t like who I become on binge drinking. I listened to a Tony Robbins video on YouTube about raising standards to create the life you want, etc. It really spoke to me. Once I decided what standards I felt were appropriate for my life, it was clear that alcohol could play no role in succeeding to meet my standards. It has had a pretty significant snow-ball effect. This is me-centered so if I failed to hold myself accountable for meeting my standards, I had no one to blame but myself.

1 Like

Totally get this, thanks. I have told myself that I will not go to work again feeling like I have done on many occasions.

1 Like

@Roundkick thanks for all, I will make a list of things that motivates me to stay sober, things I hate when I am drunk so that can make this easier for me

1 Like

Good for you, @Gabriela!!

1 Like

Welcome! I hope you find what you’re looking for here.

1 Like