1st day sober, scared, worried, and overwhelmed

@1_1_11, this is a very supportive forum, great, sound advice. Have you tried yoga, mindfulness, meditation, lots of free apps around to help you distress, relax when you feel wound up. Take each day at a time, don’t look too far into the future, it will take care of itself, set yourself achievable goals, short ones to keep you on track and long ones to look forward to how you see yourself with your sobriety under your belt, how much better your life can be.

3 Likes

I would just like tonlet eveyone that has been there since my day one know that i am 15 days sober. I am aslo a few chapters into the the naked mind book that i was recommended. Not only is it a great read but it has really allowed me to look at my drinking and guilt from drinking in another light. Thank you everyone for the support.

6 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for keeping us updated that’s really great to hear :blush:

So glad This Naked Mind is helping too.

1 Like

Hello everyone, i just wanted to give an update today is my 32 day sober. I feel like a different person, than the one that originally posted on day 1. Things are falling back to place and i feel present in my life. Unlike before where i felt like a passenger in my life while it was passing me by. The erge to drink is still present but the memories of what it was like for me outway those feelings at the moment. Thank you everyone for the encouragement i have received thus far.

3 Likes

That’s an awesome update! Congratulations! I quit around the same time as you, I think it’s been 33 days for me. Wish you well.

1 Like