1st Sober Concert

Just got my tix to see Alkaline Trio with Bad Religion in L.A. thank in March, this will be my first sober show with my son. Roscoes Chicken and Waffles for dinner, a show, then Crossroads Kitchen for dessert. Would love to try and meet Skeebs and Dan. Anyone else going? Does The Palladium sell coffee? Lol.

9 Likes

That’s going to be a great show to go to. I have tickets to see black label society in Riverside next month. I’m hoping to take my son. It would be his first concert.

3 Likes

I saw them last summer shortly after the new album was released. They still sound great although Greg is looking more and more like a badass grandpa. Have fun, man. I’ve been to a few shows sober and the good ones are so much better… unfortunately the crappy shows are much worse, but BR is definitely great sober.

2 Likes

Niiiiiiiice! My first sober concert was King Diamond, and it was amazing.

1 Like

Rad, where are they playing? I just found out that Zack Wylde is sober, so cool.

2 Likes

Thank you, Mr. Brett will be playing too finally, haven’t seen him in a while. Great band. Miss Brooks though, but his A7x thing seems to be going okay.

1 Like

Wicked rad.

1 Like

that sounds like such a great night! if my father would have proposed such an evening, i would have been so happy :grinning: i dont know about the palladium but hollywood bowl has a coffee shop and so many goodies on its grounds! i love going there so much more now :crazy_face: hopefully P does, too.

1 Like

Riverside auditorium on February 28th.

1 Like

With you…Brooks was awesome. The new drummer holds up surprisingly well though. I had relatively low expectations when I saw them since Greg and Jay were the only ones left, but it was a really, really good show.

1 Like

That sounds like a great night! I’m sure you and your son will have a blast. Is the Roxy still going in LA? I played a few shows there back in 2009. It was my first time in LA (I’m from the UK) but the crowds were incredible.

Anyway, have an awesome time.

Alan

1 Like