1st time ever!

Hey folk,
I’m new here; after drinking every single night for 35 years, I’m 3 nights sober which is to me a miracle! You have some amazing stories!

32 Likes

Welcome aboard! Glad you are here. I hope you find this place as helpful as I have, and Inwish yiu all the best in your journey :pray:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
Nice to meet you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi May! Big warm welcome from me :people_hugging: :heart:

1 Like

Hey you too thanks!
Already dreading tonight !

1 Like

Welcome to the sober club @Millieupnorth :grin:
Keep up the good work and stay true to yourself.
You got this! :muscle:

Welcome to the community May
3 nights sober is remarkable - way to go💪

You’ve joined a very supportive and loving community. Take a moment to read around and join us when you are ready. Would love to have you on this sober journey with us :people_hugging:

I find staying active here, surrounding yourself with support (meetings / family/ counselor/ friends), keeping hands and mind busy, staying clear of triggers is key to reducing and overcoming the urges.

Reach out if you need … you are among friends here

3 Likes

Thank you how kind, it’s getting to that kind of time tho ….

3 Likes

Cravings? Are you able to find something to distract yourself with? We are here to chat or if nothing else you can scroll and read the many threads …that keeps me busy for hours :joy:
Just remember why you are doing this and know once you get past today …you will not have to repeat it …you will be moving forward addiction free.

2 Likes

Tomato juice n lots of Tabasco at the ready! Thanks folks

1 Like

Hiya!!

I’m glad you found your way here. I didn’t think I could do 3 days ever. After years of daily drinking, and denial etc etc. This community has been lovely to me. I hope it’s what you need to keep your fantastic new ways up! Xx

2 Likes

Hi there, so happy your going well… it got to crunch point tonight so I put my waterproofs on and went wave dodging! I feel exhilarated! :pray:

2 Likes

Wave dodging!! Haha. Love it. Where do you live?

UK coastline

Ah hey!
Yes ok, and you! I made it … 4 nights… 1st time on 4” years

3 Likes

Was not easy as you can all
Imagine - 8pm hit
But I got it sorted
Loveky to read these stories

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Millieupnorth :blush:
I’m in the UK as well. There’s so much support here and it is a great place to come and distract yourself when cravings hit. I hope to see you around on here.
:heart::v:

Thank you ‘ s little apprehensive but I’m here :grinning:

1 Like

Hi May! Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on ur 3 days!

1 Like