1st time venting...or am I?

I was headed to the store when I heard this: (Mavin Sapp)

“I’ve had my share of ups and downs
Times when there was no one around
God came and spoke these words to me
Praise will confuse the enemy
So I started singing, oh, oh (I started singing, I started clapping)
I started dancing, people were laughing (people were laughing)
They knew my problems, and they knew my pain
But I knew God would take them away…”

1 Corinthians 10:13 speak of not being tempted more than we can bear. I believe it, though we may stumble in different domains…I can say we all lived thus far to see another day.

I was going to get on here and vent. Speak about how life just seem to be in a twisted mess. Speak about the phone call today that bother my spirit. Or the convo today that bother me. Speak about thoughts of using…

But what I realize is: I am at least feeling…all the emotions (in this cranky mode and all) and I shouldn’t do anything to take that away.

So I cried y’all when I heard it. A clean cry. A good one. Felt like a child. Urges left. So Shout Out to all the brave souls digging to their inner child …sing…clap…dance…(read) …& let’s get sober again.

Goodnight!

11 Likes

Great job taking care of your emotional needs!! :heart:

2 Likes

Keep us posted on your journey wish you well

2 Likes

Numbs you doesn’t it? That’s something I’ll never go back to… I feel your post; it’s a weird enlightenment to realise the overwhelming emotions you feel when clean aren’t caused by the lack of substance - they were always there and for whatever reason, we’d been burying them. Either because we didn’t like them, couldn’t handle them, weren’t ready for them…the universe decided now was the time to start facing them… And you are able, so able… It’s not easy to throw yourself on here to say it so well done :heart: I think it’s safe to say we all feel it under the surface all the time. Xxxx we’re such complicated beings, it’s beautiful, crazy, maddening stuff.

3 Likes

Well said @Thelittlewaterdog!!

1 Like