1st weekend fail!

So last Sunday I hit the booze hard partied till 4 in the morning drug’s booze woke up in morning missed work monday and Tuesday feel depressed and decided from there to stop drinking I drink everyday probably 6 to 7 beers or Woodstock bourbon has to be the 7 % got to Friday sober felt good woke up sat morning still feeling good worked out eating good and me and my kids got shouted a helicopter ride and lunch from my boss all was awsome! Then had an old work mate turn up before I knew it I had 2 beers going to the shop to get more drunk till 10 and woke up this morning feeling like shit again. This is so hard couldn’t even do 7 days not sure what this is meant to do just had to vent I spose

2 Likes

I hear you saying you can’t do this on your own. Here’s a thread with lots of other ideas for you. Personally, I used Antabuse, individual counseling, AA and an intensive outpatient program to get sober.

3 Likes

Rehabs, jails, hospitals, psych wards didnt deter me much from drinking/drugging, 12 step program been working to keep my head on straight. Sponsor told me once you can go back out and just keep digging eventually you’ll find yourself or die, you might think you failed another weekend but your still alive and have time to figure what works for you to help in your recovery. Wishing you well an all the best.:pray:

4 Likes

I was in a really bad place 2 years ago drinking and drugging, hoping for change but not willing to put in the work. After a drunk driving accident, I had to ask myself what was I willing to do to get and stay sober. The answer was “anything”. I finally reached a point that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I couldn’t afford to lose anymore of my life. Went to outpatient detox, IOP and AA meetings. I now put the same effort into my sobriety that I used to put into drinking and drugging on a daily basis and the results are amazing.

4 Likes

Try a meeting they will help ,its not how much you drink its how it affects you and your life wish you well

3 Likes

Literally sounds like my story. Sunday was the last straw for me, i started at 4pm drunk and done drugs till 3pm the next day. I’m sick off this shit. Are you going to any meetings? From a previous experience and being sober for 18 months it really does help. I’m back to my first meeting tomorrow as know I can’t do it alone.

P.S we all have our fails but I’m sure you have the strength inside to start again and make this happen!