1year. Thank you

I dont post much these days but I read every day in these forums. I want to thank this community for creating such an awesome space for me to learn and interact with sober people.

I know that this forum has been the number one tool that kept me sober for a full year.

To anyone just starting thier sober journey just know that it can be done. The days get better if you keep stringing them to together one at a time.

I have learned so much in the past year just by participating in this forum. My spiritual side is starting to grow… it was non existant when I started. Having a concept of mindfulness and staying in the present. Finding things to be grateful for everyday. My diet and exercise have improved. My wife and I have been married for 8 years and never talked about our finances or created a budget, until this month.

I am so blessed and happy for the life I am creating and so many of you have helped me create this new life. I cannot say thank you enough.

36 Likes

That’s awesome! Congrats!

You deserve this: Boom!!
levelup

3 Likes

The most beautiful mic drop I’ve heard all day. Well done on the big 365, and thank you for all your insights here, man! :v:

4 Likes

Great post, Mark…congrats on year 1!

3 Likes

Congrats!!

3 Likes

So happy for u! Congrats! This forum helps me tremendously. Happy it helps u too!

2 Likes

1_year_clean_and_sober_button-rf0dbce445cbd4b37a4aabf5728cba75c_k94rf_307
I’m allways happy to put this picture here at this forum. One year, one whole year! That’s a big achievement. You did everything sober this year. Every birthday, Eastern, Christmas, New years eve, 4th of juli, but also every bad day to cope with. That’s life! A sober life!!
Congratulations!! :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Congratulations Mark! Good to see you. :grinning:

2 Likes

Amazing work, so proud, keep at it x

2 Likes

Nicely done Mark! What’s your favorite change so far? Congrats on your 1 year!!!

2 Likes

A whole year of getting better at getting better! Now on to year two! You can do it!

2 Likes

Congrats man! Hitting that 1 year was such a turning point for me. I felt like I could breathe easier afterwards. Life became life again, not just sobriety/recovery. Just remember to stay vigilant, but enjoy the free head space!

2 Likes

You are amazing, thanks for the inspiration!!

2 Likes

Hell yeah mark! Congrats on one year that’s really awesome man

2 Likes

Wow amazing and admire you been strong…weldone and one year itsnt not like one day or one month.so proud of u and want follow ur step too.

2 Likes

Such a simple, sweet and effective message from someone whos done it. Good work on 1 year my friend. We’re all in this together.

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!!! One hell of a milestone!

1 Like

I’m finding the forum to be a awesome tool also.congrats on 1 year of living again!

1 Like

Fantastic job and huge congratulations!!!

Congratulations!! That is a great milestone.