2.5 days sober and feeling great!

It took me as of Sunday Morning to realize, that i have to really own up to this and finally make a change. We cant build a reputation on what we say we are going to do, but actually do. I know this journey is going to be extremely difficult, and also tempting alot at times. But i am 100% focused on my recovery and would love to hear everyone else story!!

15 Likes

3.5 days here from alcohol. We got this! :muscle::muscle::heart:

8 Likes

For sure we got this. Longest i have gone in almost a year without a drink! Almost 3 days strong. #OneDayAtATime

4 Likes

I started Sunday as well! Keep it up :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We got this everyone! I am looking so forward to have not only my physical appearance change but my mental and emotional state as well!

5 Likes

There IS a private message feature on the app. On the upper right hand corner is your avatar, click on that and you will see a little envelope (between the bookmark and the settings). You can send pm’s from the envelope. Enjoy!!

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Carlismama14 @Mommysheila4 @Opentheclouds lovely to have you here sharing with us your journeys to sobriety, early days for me to (19 and counting) this forum has be the best, so much love and support. Keep coming back, o look forward to seeing you around :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you. Great job on 19 days, thats awesome. Feel free to keep in touch :heart::muscle: hugs

1 Like

Thank you, and same to you on 3.5 days awesome :star_struck::star_struck::+1::+1:

2 Likes

This is really inspiring! Glad you are here.

1 Like

Hello and welcome!
Hope to see you around often because this app works if you work it! :facepunch:
I come here every day since my day 1 almost 9 months ago. There is enough to read here and there is allways someone around to talk to.
So see you around! 🙋

2 Likes

Welcome to the Newbie Club!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! This is a great first step…we are alk here to help

I reached a similar decision, awakening, moment of clarity, inflection point, or whatever you might want to call it. For me, abstaining afterwards has been frightening in some ways as a new unknown, but easier to stick with than I had feared. I often return my thoughts to my reasons for quitting and who I’ve hurt and influenced badly with my behaviors. Have learned a lot. My general advice, seek help, seek information, stay positive, find alternatives. There is a lot of good information, wisdom, and positivity here. Certain thoughts and approaches suit me better than others. You’ll find the specifics that suit you best. Hang tough.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the love and support. Alcoholism is such a hard disease to overcome, but with a good support group we can get through it. Whose in nebraska area??

I am at 2 days, the withdrawals are crucial right now can’t wait to pass this stage :muscle:t5::muscle:t5::muscle:t5::muscle:t5:

1 Like

I almost wished the withdrawals lasted forever, they were a superb physical reminder of why I wanted to get sober. I stayed on the relapse after 6-7 days train for what seemed like forever because as soon as I was feeling human the cravings would ramp right back up to a fever pitch

Welcome and congrats on almost 3 days!

Super happy to be here Im also 2 days almost 3 now Im so grateful for this forum.

2 Likes

Welcome @1980. Congrats!