2 bad months

2 days …day 3 . After a bad couple of months living with stress and anxiety…
Which is enhanced ever more by alcohol. I didn’t want to believe it.
So my first few days are better already.
Alcohol has really brought me down.
It controls me… I couldn’t have just one or two…I had to get the right effect everytime…waking up feeling so negative and anxious
Putting the drink first …then ending up doing nothing.

4 Likes

Where are you now?

Lost the willpower after 3 days …

But very determined …cutting it down as best I can at the mo…

2 Likes

I really relate to this. You will feel so much better without alcohol in the picture, but I know how hard it is. I’m on day one of sobriety after repeated attempts at moderation. It’s exhausting. Sending you good wishes, and strength.

1 Like

I’ve been there too with trying moderation. I was 3.5 years sober and tried to drink moderately. The hard part about moderation is when you start to get that good feeling you want to keep it so you drink more then you go past the point that you wanted to get to and you say fuck it and go all out. At least that was in my case so I quit for good now. I am 95 days and some change. By elemenating it I don’t have to think about is it too soon to drink can I have one more did I drink too much did I do something stupid. It is exhausting. I wish you the best.

4 Likes

I know exactly what your talking about. I would always make sure to have more than enough beer in the fridge or an extra bottle of liquor in case I wasn’t getting that just right perfect feeling before finishing the night and I’d always have a list of things that I thought would be awesome to do and by the end of the night I never usualy found that perfect feeling and those awesome we’re never what I thought they’d be andme nights when things wouldn’t go exactly as I had wanted I’d get really angry sometimes even making it into my wife’s fault and then I’d get sad about getting angry and messing up my whole night so now I’m on day five and it’s tough tonight but just gotta keep going sober nights beat all those bad drunken nights congratulations on your progress keep it up!

1 Like

September 2019.
Back to square 1. This year has seen two house moves for me and elderly mum.
The stress of everything and now being full time carer has had me almost everyday having wine.
I have read Alcohol Explained. And The naked mind.
Starting to get stronger in my thoughts against
The dreaded wine .
Things have settled down with regards the move and started back to yoga.

Trying to be strong and start today alcohol free .

3 Likes

Good for you for keeping trying. The funny thing about alcohol and stress…we like to think alcohol is a stress reliever, but in reality, it is not. It ADDS to our stress…we stress our body, we stress our mind, we stress our emotions. Alcohol sucks all the good out and leaves us a husk of a person, agitated, anxious and in a dark place.

You sound like you are ready to work on your healing and recovery…such a great thing!! :heart:

2 Likes

Right there with you. Looking forward to starting tomorrow as I did today, Alcohol Free.

1 Like