2 days sober and emotional

I am 2 days sober, I am so emotional, keep thinking of how to control drinking but know I can’t, I went to AA on Friday shaking and sweating and it’s just occupying my mind all the time and already a void is in me…

2 Likes

I’m talking about it! The void and stuff. Go look the answers I got, maybe it will help you too

1 Like
1 Like

Hey there, I’m 1 day sober, sweating, irritated all that good stuff and I self medicated my depression so I understand exactly how you feel. We gotta keep pushing to better our lives, prayers :heart::heart:

1 Like

I feel like something is missing whether I drink or not but alcohol isn’t doing anything for me anymore so time to let it go. It’s really hard but I think there is something better out there if I leave s space for it. Exercise and yoga maybe?

There’s so much out here without drugs and alcohol. Not sure I’ve found anything that really gets me going but I do know I am enjoying being sober and clear headed for a change. I’m really seeing life and appreciating it differently and enjoying it.
:pray::heart:

I was kinda like that too because I got trashed New Year’s Day and had a big 2 day hangover. I was also pretty emotional on day 2 knowing I was going to stop drinking. Day one was no problem cuz I was so hungover sick. Day three felt great. It kept getting better for me. I’m on day 45 now and really appreciating a clear head and NO HANGOVERS. Keep at it one feel good day at a time. And keep coming back here and meetings. Having support from others really helps.
:heart::pray: