2 items I’m powerless over, 5 items I’m grateful for, 2 things I did well and 2 things o like about myself

I’ve begun a new practice with a relative who is in recovery also. Daily I acknowledge 2 things I’m powerless over, 5 things I’m grateful for, 2 things I did well and 2 things I like about myself. As a recovering perfectionist, it’s helped me to 1. Acknowledge that there are things in my life that I’m powerless over, what I’m grateful for, what I did well and as someone that I’d hypercritical of myself it forced me to acknowledge what o like about myself. I hope y’all find this helpful too.

1. I’m powerless over others inability to understand me
  2. I’m powerless over chaos in the workplace
  3. I’m grateful for a good nights sleep
  4. I’m grateful for the ability to set good boundaries
  5. I’m grateful for the abundance in my life
    4 I’m grateful for my serenity
  6. I’m grateful for cooler days
  7. I gave an awesome summary in my meeting today
  8. I made a great smoothie
  9. I like my smile
  10. I like my new found freedom
21 Likes

I really like this! Its such a great way to start the day off on the right foot. It brings upon gratitude and increases self esteem and awareness. I love it! I think ill give it a try every morning :slight_smile:
Edit: I actually just tried to do this and i found it much harder than i thought it would be lol But thats okay bcuz it made me think :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Right? When my brother suggested it I thought no problem but I actually hand to think about 1. What I really have. I control over, 2. What I’ve done well on my life and 3. What do I like about myself.

You’re right it does help me work on my self esteem and not to be so critical of myself. :blush:

4 Likes

I like this 2522 practice - what a good idea!

Here’s my 2522 for today:

2 things I’m powerless over

• the labour of others, and the quality of their work
  • the past (the events of the past)

5 things I’m grateful for

• courteous customers
  • competent contractors
  • my cats
  • healthy food
  • living in a safe place

2 things I did well

• maintained calm today during worried mental time (I used some anxiety-reducing sensory strategies, the 5-4-3-2-1 strategy)
  • spoke with my mother about my financial situation and she offered to meet with me about it this weekend

2 things I like about myself

• I’m empathetic
  • I keep a constructive attitude and focus on solutions when talking about mistakes with others
12 Likes

Powerless over:My husband’s drinking, the weather
Grateful for: swimming in the ocean, support from my parents, this app, financial stability, realising most of my friend’s aren’t big drinkers.
Things i did well: had fun with the kids outside, played uno
Like about myself: attitude to start again, sense of humour

10 Likes

Powerless over
1 others perceptions
2 my need to control people, situations, conversations, outcomes

Greatful for
1 fellowship
2 my family
3 internet
4 hubby did the dishes
5 ill be sober for my 2nd birthday

Things i did well
1 communicate
2 plan

Things i like about myself
1 organized
2 determined

8 Likes
  1. I’m powerless over others work ethics
  2. I’m powerless over work chaos
  3. I’m grateful it’s Friday
  4. I’m grateful I’ve got a weekend away next weekend.
    3.I’m grateful for my intuition
  5. I’m grateful for the support my family provides me
  6. I’m grateful for my delicious smoothie this morning.
  7. I did a great job on my presentation.
    2 I wrote a great provider bulletin.
  8. I like my tenacity.
  9. I like my skinny me.
4 Likes

I am powerless over currently

1. war
  2. my roomate burping to much

I am grateful for

1. this app
  2. sober podcasts on youtube
  3. nfl football
  4. my friends who support me.
  5. my staff in my company that works hard.
4 Likes

I am powerless over…

The weather. Sometimes it’s hellishly hot. Sometimes it storms on me.

Others’ assumptions and opinions about me.

4 Likes

Ppwerless over my sisters death. Powerless over the ultimate outcome and life for my nephew. Both of these are hard to accept and acknowledge.

Grateful for my family. Grateful for this place and my sobriety. Grateful for the fight in me - powerless doesnt mean giving up or helpless. Grateful for all my sister has given me. Grateful for my life.

Wrote a good letter to children services and articulated myself/families position well. (Wow this is super hard and uncomfoetable I feel super weird doing this!!). That I have values and principles, and I try to live my life by them; that I do not care about how society says we must do things and live, but that I carve my own way; thwt I am learning to be confident in myself and less apologetic (when I dont need to be. Not that i think people should generally apologize less, many do not know how! But I find myself apologizing for things I should not to appease people or be more palateable and to be honest…womanly.) anyway that was super hard. Wow. Xo.

4 Likes

“This above all: to thine own self be true…”

3 Likes

Well done Mira. I struggle daily coming up with things I’ve done well and what I like about myself. I’m always quick to criticize myself for “failures” but a don’t seem to knowledge what I actually do well.

I find this exercise a way to work on self love and self esteem. We always quick to acknowledge others but don’t readily do that for ourselves. :heart:

3 Likes

Yes it was very interesting for me to do. So difficult! I am very quick to not take credit for things and feel awkward/egoistic when I do and like I seem ungrateful or inflated. I never want to think too much of myself less I need to be humbled.

Confidence is not something I have or that comes natural to me. Doing this exercise made me realize of course there is work to do here, and that its also OKAY to say you did something well or things you like about you. Want my daughter to be raised with confidence, and how can I show her that if I do not feel it for myself! Appreciate the feedback @vagabond & @DanaM56! Love having people along the journey whp get it & can relate and help remind me what we’re all trying to do here. Have a beautiful day XO

3 Likes

Ok…here goes…
Powerless over alcohol
Powerless over others

Grateful for…
My beautiful daughter
My funny little dog
This site and the amazing people on it
My friends/family
My sobriety

I did well…
Talked to my ex…my daughters dad and managed to help him feel more calm as he was struggling alot mentally today

Kept my daughter happy even though shes dissapointed that she wont be seeing her dad tonight

Things i like…
That i can still be compassionate toward my daughters dad when he was in such a bad way today
That i am a good mother

Thank you Dana :pray::heart:

5 Likes

What a wondeful idea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m powerless over controlling everything
I’m powerless over permanent willpower

I’m grateful for a nap
I’m grateful for fresh air after thunderstorm
I’m grateful for connection
I’m grateful for possibilities
I’m grateful for love, being loved and be able to love

I made a delicious asian dish once more
I made a powerful swim workout

I like my face and my skin
I like my softness deep inside

7 Likes

I hope you find it helpful. I know I have. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Im powerless over the fact that there will be illness in his new school
Im powerless over… idk honestly. Ill keep thinking.

Im grateful for the school that was chosen for my son
Im grateful for the weather today
Im grateful for the cuddles i had with my son
Im grateful for my self awareness
Im grateful for my basic needs being met

I did well today speaking to everyone that we saw today while also advocating for my son
I didnt binge eat to cope with my intense emotions

I love how compassionate i am
I love the fact that i have not become bitter or “hard” bcuz of my experiences. That I am still a loving, caring, passionate woman

7 Likes

Love this! Thank you for sharing :blush:

1 Like

Powerless over:

1. I am powerless over Ryan and Dana
  2. I’m powerless over my spending.

Grateful for:

1. I’m grateful for the love and abundance in my life.
  2. I’m grateful for my therapist.
  3. I’m grateful for a good night sleep.
  4. I’m grateful for my brother and my family/friends.
  5. I’m grateful for the extra little money that my mom left me.

Did well:

1. I ran a great meeting yesterday.
  2. I made a delicious dinner

Like about me:

1. I like my resilience
  2. I like my mind.
3 Likes

What I like about me:

1. My resilience. (@DanaM56 thanks for idea)

Life has given me a pounding. But I’m still alive and in one piece.

1. My capacity to be gentle.

I’m careful with others, animals, and objects by default. When I view this as a weakness and try becoming harder and meaner, karma soon comes to beat the f–k out of me.

2 Likes