2 months sober from alcohol

Hello everyone, just checking in.

I am 2 months sober from alcohol and I feel like my life has gotten so much better without it.
My mental and physical health has never been better.

I decided to give up alcohol on the last day of 2023 and planned to not have any throughout 2024 and to the point where I don’t want or need it anymore.

Dieting, working out, and the thought of my son has been key to help me stay focused and motivated.
I went from 189, down to 169.
My goal is 150.

If you’re ready this and are starting your sober journey, you got this! It definitely gets easier.

28 Likes

Wonderful, Johnny! Keep on keeping on! I love it. :muscle:t4:

1 Like

Congrats keep going :clap: ADAAT :muscle:

1 Like

Hello, my name is Jaime & I’ve been sober from alcohol for 15 days now but I am having a lot of trouble getting back to doing just basic daily living like listening to music or even being able to clean. Did you have any of those issues?

5 Likes

Hey there and welcome!! Congrats on 15 days - that’s fantastic!! Are you feeling general malaise, like you just don’t want to do these things? Or were these chores something you used to do while drinking? Just curious, as how you used booze may inform how you’re feeling.

Hopefully you’re feeling better in other areas of your life?

Rock on!!! That’s an amazing transformation - keep on keepin’ on!!!

1 Like

Great check in Johnny! Congratulations on your sobriety journey… 2 months and counting :muscle:t4:

1 Like

Congrats on 15 days! Welcome to the community 🩵

Way to smash it Johnny! 2 months is a milestone worth celebrating. I look forward to reaching that point in 37 days.

Congratulations on heading towards your goal weight! Like yourself, my physical and mental health have vastly improved since ditching alcohol. Exercise, healthy eating and reconnecting with myself have been vital in this change.

While I’m doing this for myself, my partner and kids are strong motivation to stick to it. Keep crushing it, you’ve got this!

2 Likes

Yes! I, back in the day, loved to clean.:woman_facepalming:t3: Now that I am older I have no desire to do big cleanings. I do keep the important areas clean. Dust I can chill a bit on. It’s just my husband and I here now.
I’m hoping once it warms up consistently, I will get back to it. Right now when it’s nice and warm and sunny, I can find a millions other things to do. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Absolutely. For probably the first 2 months I couldn’t listen to music, because that’s what I did hanging out at the fire pit at night, I couldn’t cook, mow the lawn. Even fixing small things around the house was a problem, because I drank while doing all of it. It gets easier I promise :v:

4 Likes

@Jasty2 your list of potential triggers looks like you took a page from my journal. It’s so uncanny!

3 Likes

It’s funny how most of us are wired exactly the same way. :+1:

2 Likes

Music has been my go to in all situations. I have it blaring most of the time. It was eerie not hearing it around the house, but necessary in my first few days of sobriety.

2 Likes

Omg I’m so proud of you! I think that’s so awesome I can’t wait to get to ur level! Good job keep up the good work

2 Likes

I understand what you mean.

Try listening to motivational speeches on YouTube. It definitely helps.
I also stopped listening to music that spoke about alcohol/drugs/partying.