2 weeks alcohol free and a newby!

Hello everybody my name is Carrie and I’m new here! Decided to quit drinking alcohol on my 47th birthday which was two weeks ago tomorrow. I haven’t had a drop of alcohol since. That was my birthday present to myself! I ride a fine line between every other day drinking and then not at all and then binge drinking. I’ve stopped drinking a couple times, six months being the longest and it I felt absolutely fabulous! I realize that my anxious energy , whether I’m happy, sad , tressed out, or whatever my emotion tends, to trigger my drinking. I’m an early 90s raver girl , that is slowly chipping off her social addictions. I really want to stay away from alcohol completely, everytime I decide to drink these days, following day I just feel physically and emotionally horrific. It’s just not worth it anymore! I joined this forum since I’m not using social media at the moment. Social media is just another distraction For me and rises my emotions ,because I’m empathic. I’d rather just focus on myself right now and my school! I got goals! Hope you all are having a beautiful Sunday!
Thank you for listening in a much love,
Carrie

17 Likes

Welcome to this awesome community and congrats on 2 weeks. What a great birthday gift to give yourself! I look forward to following your journey. You should join us on the daily check in thread, it’s a great form of accountability. Here’s the link.
Checking in daily to maintain focus #15

3 Likes

Hi Lisa! Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I’m just figuring out the site right now looking and reading. I love the daily check-in. Thank you so much! I’m out here in the country with me and my special little dog , so this will be a great way to have some healthy interaction! thank you so much for your support I truly appreciate it. We are all in this together right!

2 Likes

That’s right Carrie, we’re all a bunch of addicts supporting each other while navigating sobriety. I’m so happy you found us. This place has helped me tremendously. There’s people from all over the world which helps knowing someone is always here, if you need to chat. Please reach out immediately if you get an urge. :heart:

2 Likes

After click on the link, how do you start a new post? Or do you just post by replying to somebody? Can’t for the life of me see where to start a new topic, without replying to somebody.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I plan on it!

1 Like

You can reply to the topic itself or go all the way to the bottom and click reply.

Hi Carrie. This too is my first day on here. I’m 48 years old and have been sober for five weeks now. I’ll be going on six weeks in a few days. It doesn’t seem like much to a non-alcoholic person, but when one struggles each day, every day feels like an eternity. Congrats on your two weeks. I think there’s probably a lot of people who get on here new. Hopefully you and I will be the ones to say “sober for years”. Hugs and take care.

3 Likes

Welcome Carrie! Rave to the grave minus the booze. Glad you are here and congrats on your bday gift to you. PLUR (fellow raver here).

1 Like

Nice to meet you Ravi!

Yes I’m hoping to really live an alcohol-free life. I just feel so damn good, when it’s not in my body. And with the pandemic and all I figured it would be in my best interest to have some sort of community. I’m looking forward to being on here! It’s an opportunity to help others while you’re helping yourself, which I feel is super duper important. We got this Ravi!

1 Like

Thank you Jdiaz! I’ll never stop dancing! I noticed when I don’t drink, especially at this age and not being in the social environment I dance around the house more, than when I drink.

2 Likes

Welcome! Congratulations on your two weeks. That’s a big deal. I hope you find what you need from this community and I wish you the best on your continuing journey.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! I am new too : 2 days sober seems nothing to your 2 weeks. Well done! I definitely want to win against wine! I am 48. I am gobsmacked at this app. It’s just what we need! See you around.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the support!! Hey we’re the same age too! Yeah this is really a nice app. I’m not on social media right now, cuz it’s just to distracting for me… So this is a nice healthy app to do some positive networking!