2 weeks sober and feeling great!

I am finally sleeping through the night. I’ve lost 7 lbs. My face is not bloated. My eyes don’t look puffy, red or tired looking. I LOVE waking up feeling energized with no brain fog or hangover. I am still struggling with socializing. I am heading to the cottage in a few weeks with friends who love to drink. I’ve read that the first two months are the toughest. I need to make a list on how I currently feel. Hopefully it can help me stay sober.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1:

18 Likes

That’s pretty impressive! Keep up the great work! Love the idea of making a list of positive changes and how good you feel. You might also want to write down what brought you to quit and how that made you feel. A good reminder to review when needed!! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Thank you and GREAT idea :heart:!!!

1 Like

Your doing great, if you have any doubt about being able to avoid the drink when your at the cottage then I would strongly suggest that your cannery and do not go :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Pants for reaching out! Unfortunately I have to go because I am doing renovations on it. My “friends” are actually my neighbors who I am staying with I will for one week. I really need to focus hard on why I quite. The little demon on my shoulder keeps saying…“maybe you can control it this time. Just stop after 2 glasses of wine.”…

That little voice is addiction trying to get you again ! Any chance you could talk to your friends and tell them your not drinking cos of how it makes you feel x

1 Like

I avoided my friends cottage this year along with camping. That feeling you have now is when the voice gets sneakier.

1 Like

Yes. You are so right about the addiction doing the talking!! You’re also right about telling them before hand about me not drinking anymore. I know they will be very supportive however, it’s just going to be tough being around it eveyday…all day. I really need to find a way to tape the addictions mouth shut…

I hope and pray I don’t cave in!!! That voice has been hovering over me for 2 weeks now. So far I’ve ignored it and wake up every morning feeling so blessed that I did.

2 Likes

I just got back from Tenerife and met up with old friends who drink I had to be honest and tell them I’m a0 addict cos they kept putting drink infront of me . Once it was out in the open no one mentioned a drink again to me x

3 Likes

@BarbieDoll been there done that lol. You will stop at 2 but the next night maybe little more than 2 because you did so good the night before. Then boom hangover. I’ve done that many times. Unfortunately were wired differently. I’ve tried drinking something I dont like as much to control myself guess what. Didnt work either. Haha. Stay with it you wont regret it. All the best.

2 Likes

Hi Barbie; I think your friends would help make you comfortable and happy if you tell them how much you want it. I know I would! And you know I’ve said it before here; think about drinking and follow it the whole way til you wake up… Goood luck hun!

1 Like