2 Years Today Alcohol Free! šŸ˜ *Binge Drinker*

Two years ago today I made the decision to give up alcohol. Iā€™m so proud of myself for what Iā€™ve achieved in those 2 years, including buying my own home and Iā€™ll soon be starting my new job.

I was stuck in a continous rut of going out binge drinking every weekend but at the same time I despised how drink made me feel and how it changed my personality. I was wasting my life away, had given up all the things I loved doing, I couldnā€™t see past a night out and thought all there was to look forward to at the weekend was drinking.

Drinking stripped me of my personality, my dignity, my money, my self respect and every ounce of my happiness.

My last night out drinking was the 19th of March 2020. I knew due to covid this would be my last night out for a while and I knew this could be my chance to confront my demons.

Lockdown allowed me to get my life back and allowed me to see there was more to life than spending every single penny in the pub.

Over the last 2 years since I gave up alcohol, Iā€™ve got back to doing the things I love the most including getting down to Old Trafford to see Man United, playing football, hill climbing and planning holidays and trips for the year ahead. None of this would have been possible if I was still binge drinking.

If I could offer my younger self any advice itā€™s that there is so much more to life than going to the pub every weekend and wasting your money.

Iā€™m so proud of myself for giving up drinking and I now have everything in my life I ever wanted. Iā€™m looking forward to a lifetime alcohol free and a happy future.

By giving up one thing, Iā€™ve gained everything.

Love always! :heart:

53 Likes

Thatā€™s an awesome post! Congrats on 2 years freedom from alcohol! It truly is amazing how much better life can be.

4 Likes

snoopy-happy-dance-gif-17

Huge congratulations on your two years and all that youā€™ve achieved!

3 Likes

What a wonderful post! Congratulations on your 2 years. :slightly_smiling_face::dizzy::tada:

2 Likes

Fantastic! Congrats on your two years :partying_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 2 years AF! :partying_face: You inspire people like me who are in early recovery. :clap:

1 Like

Well done Danny another Scottish guy doing well in his sobriety wish you well

5 Likes

Congratulations on 2 years!

1 Like

Wonderful man! So glad for you and living joyous, happy and free.

1 Like

Congratulations on 2 years :orange_heart::balloon::sunflower::bouquet::tada::kite::confetti_ball:
Thanks for sharing, such an inspirational post :pray:

1 Like

Congratulations :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2: This is a brilliant share :ok_hand::pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

This is wonderful, congratulations on your two years!! Whatā€™s your favorite change over your last two years without alcohol? So so good!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing!! And big congratulations on your 2 years!! You sound really happy and loving your new life!!!

2 Likes

Great post! Congratulations on 2 years! :tada:

2 Likes

Was right with youā€¦until you mentioned Man U. :wink:
Brilliant post. Really happy for you.

2 Likes

Amazing. So proud of you

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS!

you rock

1 Like

Congrats on two whole years! Woohoo!