200 days. Who’d a thunk it?

6.5 months ago I was just hoping beyond hope that I could make it to 100 days sober. It would be the longest I ever made it before. But I knew that to do that I would need to make some serious change. I got myself an appointment with a therapist. She helped me to have more compassion for the people in my life and now I no longer blame them for everything. That blame was toxic to me and I used it as an excuse to drink. She also got me to go to AA meetings. She said just 6 open speaker meetings. Just listen to others’ stories. These meetings changed my life. I so badly wanted what they had. So I started going to closed discussion meetings too and started to share a little bit about me. And next thing I knew it was 100 days!!!

Today I wake up with 200 days done. I won’t pretend that I don’t still think about alcohol…I do all the time. Some days all I can think of is how unfair it is that I can’t drink like others can. But it doesn’t tempt me BECAUSE I can’t. If I have 1 drink I’ll be right back where I was so fast…and I may not make it back. My mother died at 69 years old because of complications from her drinking. I refuse to do that to my kids.

I no longer see that therapist and I don’t go to meetings as often anymore but I’m doing well. And I know that I have them available if ever I’m feeling the struggle.

Wow. 200 days. Some days I just can’t believe it. But I did it. And I’ll keep on doing it!!

33 Likes

You have worked so hard @VSue, you should be rightly proud of what you have accomplished. 200 days is pretty amazing!! Super huge congratulations!! So happy for you and thankful you are here.

I thunk it! I can definitely believe you got 200 days because you do all the things you need to do to get sober. You work hard at your sobriety and consistently step out of your comfort zone. That’s how we recover!

2 Likes

Excellent job @VSue, you have done really well and I’m proud of you! Keep adding your days up with us here, it’s seriously a pleasure having you and your insight around. Congrats! :heart:

Way to go Sue!! So happy for you and all that you’ve accomplished in these 200 days!

Congratulations @VSue. You’re such an inspiration to all of us. Thank you.

I certainly didn’t think it! Nothing against you, just know how hard it is. You work the hell out of your sobriety, keep working it and keep prospering in your life.

1 Like

Well done! :hearts::bird:

Congratulations girl. Well done :tulip:

Way to go! I’m proud of you!!

levelup

Keep it up!

3 Likes

your story is so inspirational! congrats on 200 days! :cake:

Wow. Thank you so much. I don’t know if I’m “inspirational” though. I just hope to show any new comers that relapsing doesn’t mean you need to give up. It’s just about trying something new until you do find what works for you. For me it was therapy and AA. I know I should do MORE of both, but I’m doing good right now.

2 Likes

Congratulations! :tada: 200 days spent in the best way possible

Awesome post, many congratulations, hope you had a fantastic sober day celebrating :tada::confetti_ball::fireworks:

Every day sober feels like a level up haha

1 Like

Congratulations!! Posts like these motivate a lot, as I know one day I will reach that milestone too (and beyond) because its hard to believe it in the beginning but I do

Congratulations @VSue. Brilliant work x

Well done Sue. Brilliant work :partying_face::partying_face:

Shall I post a superwoman picture?
A sober quote with the number 200?
Or a nice cake picture?
What the heck, you deserve them all!! :heart: :joy:

klein-gebak-gesorteerd-428x428
Well done :facepunch: Congratulations!! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

That is fantastic, @VSue!! Congrats to you on 200 days!!

1 Like