2020 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

It wasn’t too clear a day but this is Glencoe a couple of weeks ago.

10 Likes

Oooo so glad I’ve found this thread, August last year I did the 102 miles of the cotswold way from chipping Campden to Bath. I’ve already signed up for the Coledale 10 peak challenge in the Lake District and hoping to do the Devon coast to coast Ilfracombe to Plymouth 99 miles

3 Likes

Oh wow! How long did the Cotswold way take? I have no idea how to prepare for multi day walking!

1 Like

These are brilliant tips! Pyrenees sounds amazing.

My yoga teacher is organising a hike and yoga break next year in Nepal which I am very tempted by.

1 Like

I really want to walk the Pennine way from Edale. I’m only 10 minutes away from the start so I’d start from Scotland

2 Likes

59 posts were split to a new topic: UK Peak District Hike - 16th May 2016

Done it over 5 days. We set up a base camp and was picked up and dropped off at the start end and of every day

2 Likes

Been up a few Munros did the highland way many moons ago , Was up at Aberfeldy with my sons last year had a wee walk up Scihallion second time for me , also was down in lake district a couple years ago . Walking is agreat source of enjoyment and can meditate when theres no sound , in my young days me and my brothers the 4 of us used to back a wee tent and acouple of bob in our pocket and hitch up to Aberfoyle and fish and get wet and pinch tatties from fields and roast in fire and phone my mum to send a poster order to the local post office they were the days only me and my twin brother today miss my big brothers keep on trucking

1 Like

I’ll be carrying mine. It’s part of the experience. If a jobs worth doing then it’s worth doing right.:rofl:
@Frantasticooo, I’m sure you can find a nice hotel. But it does kinda take the fun out of it! :rofl:
Get outta your comfort zone girl.

3 Likes

These pictures of the tundra… last minute plans for snowshoeing in Yosemite this weekend. Hoping to not freeze to death! :cold_face:

2 Likes

Sounds like fun UK TS friends! For now I’m looking forward to my Texas holiday late March and some hiking in the far southwest of the state. This is the outlook from the south rim of the
Chisos mountains in Big Bend NP 3 years ago. Would love to do that hike again and I very well might.

12 Likes

For the west highland way? When we we do it my boyfriend will transport our stuff between hotels/b&bs. Figure a 100 mile walk is enough without carrying four days worth of food etc!

For a one night TS hike though I’d be ok packing light and carrying stuff I reckon!

Watch out for werewolfs lol

4 Likes

Done what?

Nope. Love to one day.
The only thing I’ve done in Scotland is Ben Nevis.

1 Like

Most definitely. I’ll always carry everything I need. Don’t trust anyone else to carry it for me.:joy:

1 Like

Ok not so much hiking but I had my hiking boots on.
Some days just walking a few miles is tough in new England. Dang this freezing weather.

12 Likes

Love the trees.

1 Like

Wow, that looks really nice, but cold is not my friend :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Cold is not my friend either but if I want to hike and walk I have to bundle up and just get out there. :snowman_with_snow::snowflake:
I never would have done this sober lol

3 Likes