2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

Will do! Thanks!

Definitely! Thank you!

1 Like

HI Everyone my name is Lou and my (DOC) is " the legal drug of "Alcohol ".
I’m in my 6th day of sobriety and have being doing this with no support. I now I have a long haul ahead of me so I went online to search for a comunity I for help and support. So here I am :grin:
I have never seeked help before as I was always embarrassed to ask or scared to tell.

I will look forward to meeting people who Im Sure will inspire and support me .
Thanks.
Lou x

8 Likes

Welcome Ben :grin: you’ve entered into a community that will offer you consistent support and love. Glad you are here

Hi everyone.
I’m Kris. Based in the UK and DOC (was) alcohol and coke.
6 days clean now in my first ever real attempt to stop. Had to hit rock bottom before I finally accepted the grip they had on me and the destructive impact they were having on my life, but, better late than never I guess.
It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster of a week but all in all I’m still feeling positive and focused and enjoying the new found (rediscovered) benefits of natural energy and clarity of mind.
Joined this group on day 1 and so glad I did.

6 Likes

Hi Lou,
I can’t figure this app out…I’m techno challenged! Anyway, your message came up on my email bit can’t find it here in the messages…go figure! So congrats on your 6 days flying solo! Quite a feat and so impressed!! I’m 7 days today from my relapse and going strong. How are you feeling? Was a rough weekend for me because I got no call or even a text from my kids for mother’s day…I have my relapse to blame for that so yes, I highly regret feeling like I got this after 6 months sober. Total mistake that now I have to deal with the aftermath of undoing all the progress I had made. I would really encourage you to stay away from all venues where you would be encouraged to drink if your drinking problem is anything like mine…I just fell right back into where I was at before and made a colossal mess of everything again. Very sad :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Hi @Marcy1
lovely to hear from you. the reason you couldn’t find my message I deleted it thinking id posted it as my introduction message :joy: I’m not sure If i can restore it.
Im feeling really good today thanks for asking. Today i woke up really positive and i know for sure its because found this forum yesterday. this morning rather than waking up ill and anxious i woke up quite excited to log in here this morning.
this is the first time i feel part of something where people understand,.
today is my 7th day and I’ve been bursting to tell someone but i know my family and friends would not understand that is such a big achievement, so its nice to jump on here and get recognition for this massive acheavment.
I so related to your post so i felt i need to reach out to you for you and me.
My Drink of choice Is white rum and i my daily intake had gradually built up to a full bottle a day the last few months! embarrassingly shocking and shameful :flushed: :cold_sweat:

I really feel for you not hearing from your kids and family, i too have pushed out everyone my son in New Zeland has blocked me from any contact and the rest of my family are sick of my drama.
I’m here are day if you need a chat .
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MARCY _ The weekend has been hard, your loved ones gave you silence … but believe that silence was an invisible gift and it will make you more determined to be the best mum again, don’t let it brake you, use it to make you. xxx
il_340x270.3041279739_hzaa

Hi, my name is David, live in the UK just outside Bristol, my doc was alcohol and cocaine, have been clear of cocaine for nearly 4 years but now want to get clear of alcohol, it’s been a problem for me for a while now but I just ignored the problems and carried on, hoping to stay sober and talk to like minded people in similar situations. Unsure of what’s ahead but I’m taking baby steps hopefully to a better quality of life :metal:

6 Likes

Thank you! That means a lot. Glad to be here.

1 Like

Hello everyone my name is Mike, my DOC is alcohol had to hit the reset button once again. Trying to fight those inner demons that tell me I can handle that 1 drink

7 Likes

Hi, I’m Matthew.

I’m 37, from Wales originally but have lived in Liverpool for the last 19 years. My DOC was alcohol and after a health scare and a moment where I came close to being kicked out of my studies when I was 21 I first tried to give up. It lasted nearly a year that time, and from then I had ups and downs, periods where I would drink socially and not have the same issues as before, other times where I would be a total mess most of the time. I would go a few months sober at a time but always fall back. It was up and down for years but I’m now 2 months short of 5 years sober. I’m in a good place, got married last year, feel in control of my work life for the first time, but started therapy again last year and wanted to find something like this, just to stay on top of things and to do all I can to help myself and keep moving forward one day at a time.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Liz and my DOC is alcohol. I’m closing in on almost 3 years sober this July. I’ve been on this app a lot but decided today to finally join for real.

I’m married to my high school prom date ( I know, we’re those people), mom to two awesome kids and I work in a professional setting.

I started as a casual drinker in my 20s with periods of binge drinking. Over the years it progressed to larger amounts of booze and everyday instead of just weekends & special occasions.
Everything came to a head when I spent the year after my father’s death (hard core alcoholic) drinking a pint of vodka a day. Hubby gave me the ultimatum and honestly I was ready to quit. I was tired of waking up feeling like shit, struggling through the day to just repeat the same shit show every night.

To anyone just starting out on their sober journey - it does get easier. There will be good days and shitty days. Remember why you quit and reach out when you’re struggling. It’s so worth it. You’re worth it.

To all of you whose conversations, stories, advice and memes I’ve read over the past 2yrs 10 months - I can not thank you enough for just sharing.

11 Likes

Welcome Liz. Nice to see you joint in.
Married your prom date? I don’t think I’ve heard of that before. Pretty cool.
Big huge congratulations on your almost 3 years sober!! That is so wonderful.
:pray:t2::heart:

Hi I am Amanda. Sober 33 days today. DOC was alcohol. After several trips to the ER and there trips to ICU, I decided to go to rehab again. I am now home and very overwhelmed trying to get everything together before I return to work Tuesday.

5 Likes

Hey groupies! The name is Brandon…Happy Friday! Today is a great day and it feels good to feel good! I am 321 days sober… my sobriety date is 6.28.2020. I’m becoming a big fan of this forum and being able to chat with people who have a full understanding of life in recovery. I am forever grateful for you all! Have an awesome day!

6 Likes

Hi all, I’ve been lurking in the shadows here for the past few months and decided to join you all. My last drink was Christmas Day and although nothing out of the ordinary happened I just woke up the next day and realized my mind and body needed a break. I loved my wine and on occasion I miss my wine but otherwise I’m feeling great. I would just like to add that during the first couple of weeks when I would normally pour a glass of wine (4-5 o’clock was my time) I would read a blog called “Unpicked” online and it helped tremendously. I went back to the beginning of the blog when the author quit and I saw so much of myself in her. Anyway, hi all and sorry for the long post, Diane

6 Likes

Hi Diane!! I also started my sober journey with Unpickled. I found Jean’s podcast, The Bubble Hour, and then discovered her blog. She’s wonderful! Her podcast was a life changer for me. Hope you’re doing well in sobriety!!

1 Like

Hi,

I am pretty new to sobriety. went to tx for 61 days and came home May 1st. Things have been a struggle (well, staying sober!) since my return. I look at many of the posts often to help when I am triggered-so THANK YOU EVERYONE!

6 Likes

I’m still hanging in there, thanks for checking in on me!

Hang in there it definitely gets easier. I quit 6 months ago yesterday and as time goes on I think less & less about drinking. I feel so much happier!