2022 Roll Call -- Introduce yourself!

Hi there. This is day one for me. I’ve had many day ones within the past couple years. Just praying this one sticks. I’m very encouraged by everyone’s testimonies :relieved:

12 Likes

Welcome Simber. Looks good so far.
Congratulations on your 6 weeks. Life is good sober. We just didn’t know it. Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable. If you got any questions just ask. There’s always someone around to help. It took me awhile to learn to navigate the app. It’s a great place for support.

Welcome to you @Jenny808
I tried over and over to get sober. Now that I got support I’m doing it.

I hope to see y’all around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Hannah. I’ve been here for maybe a week? I’m here because I struggle with opioids and am fighting a battle I don’t want to fight alone. I live in the U.S. I’m not sure what I’m expecting from this app but I’m excited to find out. Oh…and I’m 19 days sober (again).

15 Likes

Welcome to the community! Glad you’re here :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

My name is Gary and new to sobriety from alcohol and new to the community.

9 Likes

Hello Ashley! Welcome to TS? How’s it going?

1 Like

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Eddie and I am almost at 5 days sober. I feel lonely a lot, and not drinking makes me feel even more lonely so I wanted to at least become social on here with like minded people. I would love to hear your stories, and advice.

I have drank since a teenager and I’m 36 now. My father died of Liver failure when he was 55. I took a month off from drinking in November and I felt great but then a started slowly back to my old ways again. I’ve been reading a book called “This Naked Mind: Control Alcohol” and it has helped me alot. Some things I have been doing to take my mind off of drinking are: video games (obviously), reading, working out, hiking, and spending more time with my family. Some of my triggers are when I go to work, sometimes I want to drink when I get home, but I know that alcohol does nothing for me.

I would love to know what triggers you and what do you do to combat the feeling? What are your hobbies that replace drinking.

I know we can do this especially if we do it together!

21 Likes

Hi Eddie, I’m flower. I’m new also. I spent 7 years sober and recent relapsed but I’m almost at 3 days today. My mom battled with alcohol ironically here I am… lol so you’re never alone.
I’m introverted so it’s hard for me to really connect with people who get it.
But reading your story made me feel less alone so it’s working :relaxed:
I get how work can be a trigger I feel the same/high stress volumes.
Some things I tried when I lasted 7 years are: breathing practices, exercise, painting, gardening, reading, chamomile tea helps my anxiety or urges sometimes, etc.

Now I’m back and ready to try again!
So far everyone here has been super kind so I hope you find it helpful.

U got this, rooting for your best life :sparkles::orange_heart::pray:t5:

Flower

12 Likes

Welcome Eddie!!! You found a great place and I’d suggest you read through posts to get yourself more acquainted. I too am an alcoholic but thanks to this community I’m nearly 80 days sober. You can do this and you will be so happy you did!!! My triggers used to be after work and in the evenings but my disease is progressive and in the last year, I found any excuse to drink. If I was happy, sad, needed energy, confidence… I would drink. My liver enzymes were through the roof and I was only 36 and considered myself a healthy, fit, supermom :exploding_head: sober today, I am thankful for my stable mind and the relieve of my anxiety. I just want to encourage you to stick out the bad days, cravings and just don’t take that first drink. It’s so worth it!!!

8 Likes

Nice to meet you Eddie! I’m 113 days AF. I started drinking later in life. It didn’t get out of control until my late 40’s. Stress is of course a huge trigger but to be honest I didn’t need a trigger to drink. I rewarded myself with alcohol when I was happy and successful. I consoled myself with alcohol when I was sad/mad and a failure. Alcohol was my answer for everything.

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Kasey and I’m 1 (and a half) days sober. This is my first attempt at getting sober. I abuse alcohol because I feel like it makes me thrive more in social settings. A lot of the people in my life are avid drinkers so it has been really hard to make this step. I truly feel like I have nobody close to me to turn to for support so here I am. I live in Carmel, Indiana and I’m almost 30 years old. I work full time and go to school full time so my weekends are where the partying gets out of hand. So much so that it ruins my week. I’m happy I came across this app because I’m not sure if I would even have made it one day if I didn’t start engaging here. I wish everyone the best in their journey! Happy 2022! Let’s put in this work!

:green_heart: Kasey

25 Likes

Nice to meet you Kasey, welcome to this wonderful community full of some truly amazing people. This place has helped me reach 79 days alcohol, tobacco and cocain free, good luck on your journey

3 Likes

@Kaseyc22 Welcome. You came to the right place for support and encouragement in your new sober life. I hope you check in here frequently and stick with the winners.

1 Like

Welcome Eddie. You’ve got this! What games are you currently playing?

I play alot of different games. Im playing COD Vanguard a lot, also replaying through Dying Light. Are you a gamer?

The things that help me in my apartment listening to music in particular while I am on the bus I always have an earbud in. Yoga is part of my version of my higher power so all form of yoga from breathing to movement. My cat is super huge halo to me as well.

3 Likes

Hey everyone my name is Chris and I am 33 years old. I spent ten years active duty military as explosive ordnance disposal and had three and a half combat tours before getting injured and medically retired. I now work as an animal care technician and EMT. Also i am pursuing my degree in animal science. I am 172 days sober from alcohol today. I spent a decade drinking away pain and memories from the military and childhood traumas. Have had several attempts in the past but never lasting more than a week and the short while I’ve been using TS it’s become a daily tool I’ve used. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

11 Likes

Welcome to all the newcomers.

4 Likes

I’m Trey, new to the forum today. I’ve struggled with addiction in many forms but meth and coke have been my biggest struggle. I’m ten months sober, just looking for a place with people who understand our disease. Tried NA in my hometown but it just wasn’t for me. Been taking my journey one day at a time and it seems to be working. Wishing everyone well

14 Likes

Hello, I am new here and on Day 4. I have had a bad relationship with alcohol (wine mostly) since my early 20s and now 40. I didn’t drink when pregnant but other than that have drank most nights and hated myself for it. Quite excited to be free of it but scared that I won’t make it. I have used it to self medicate feelings as well as some health problems. I know that long term it makes them worse but just never had the energy to put a stop to it. I was always putting it off but now is the time I am going to try.

11 Likes