210,000,000 heart beats

6 years ago, I took a gun out of my mouth and tried being sober. That was 210,000,000 (according to google) heart beats I gifted myself.

I gifted myself life, a better way of living, a family and the best buddy I have ever had.

Never thought I was going to be a grandpa. Sobriety gave me that.

Getting sober was the toughest thing I have ever done. It took coming here, going to AA, going to Recovery Dharma and a lot of self work.

I am so thankful for all of my sober friends in this community, without you…I simply wouldnt be sober.

Stay sober friends, a relapse isnt worth the heartbeats it takes away.

48 Likes

You’re a top bloke and I couldn’t be happier for you :grinning:
Thanks for being here, and being there

8 Likes

What a wonderful share and what a wonderful thing. I’m very happy, Scott, that you’ve been so blessed in sobriety. May many many many heartbeats follow! Congratulations!

6 Likes

That’s a very healthy heartbeat rate friend. But you got a very healthy heart I know, in many ways. I’m so very grateful I got to know you and your heart right here over the last years. Your wisdom, generosity, your willingness to grow and learn, and your sharing of those things you learned have been a huge inspiration for me and I am sure so many others. It’s an honour and a pleasure to know you and call you my friend.

And then I haven’t even mentioned the beard. Rock on friend! Huge congrats. Much love.

10 Likes

Big, big hugs for you. Puts a tear in my eye that the world was so close to losing you …, and you losing yourself.

Thank goodness, you had the strength and the will to change it around.
You are an inspiration to us all.

You show the people who say that they can’t that there are some people who have.

Grateful that I have been able to share what you have shared.

Hopefully maybe we’ll see your best buddy there out in some of your gardens.

Much love to go with my respect. To you and Mrs.Monkey and family. :heart:

7 Likes

Oof that got me right in the heart and actually gave me tears…massive congrats on everything!! What a beautiful little buddy :heart: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Oh wow what a heavy share. I just don’t want to imagine what dark roads you were walking until you decided to get sober.
I’m so glad you made it Scott. Huge congratulations on your 6 years milestone. Thank you for being here and sharing it with us.

5 Likes

You have one incredible story, giving hope to those still sick and suffering. I love your honesty and openness. Thank you for showing me it is possible to achieve peace and serenity through hard work and determination.
Congratulations on 6 years!
:tada: :partying_face: :heart:

5 Likes

Oh, I love this share! What good may come from just one decision, right? So glad you gave it one more go, 210.000.000 heartbeats ago. It’s been such an honor and inspiration to follow your journey :orange_heart:

5 Likes

I’m so grateful to see this post as I was reading around. Wonderful share, strong message. Congrats on your 6 years! :tada:.

5 Likes

@Lisa07 @IamThechange @Alisa @AyBee @Faugxh @pandita @happyfeet @Starlight14 @Mno

Thank you for your kind words. You all are a reason i am here today

13 Likes

Amazing and a big congrats to you. @Thirdmonkey . Reading this is a beautiful start to my 40th day AF. Hugs

6 Likes

Well done my bearded friend and gardener proud of you ,roll on the spring

5 Likes

What a great post to wake up to. Congratulations!! You are a super hero.

4 Likes

Congratulations on 6 years of sobriety, and thanks for the inspiration. :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

Your story always brings chills. :people_hugging:

I admire your strength, wisdom, humor and kindness. Your openness to exploring new ways has taught me a lot. You are a treasured friend and I know I can always count on you…a rare gift. :sparkles:

Sobriety has certainly blessed with you with a beautiful family. Rock on oh bearded one! And huge congratulations on your 6 years!!! I am so grateful to be on this journey with you!! :people_hugging::heart::+1::partying_face::butterfly:

5 Likes

Dear Scott - sober that day, you’ve grown more into yourself and the man you’re supposed to be. Your willingness to share your thoughts and struggles and victory with us is just awesome. Not to mention your service to the TS community.

Here’s some words from George Carlin:

Here’s my beard.
Ain’t it wierd?
Don’t be sceered,
Just a beard.

8 Likes

Hard to see in the picture…

…but y’all are making my eyes moist!

13 Likes

Thanks for this inspiring post! Six years is amazing, and I’m so happy for you! Congratulations!:confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Powerful post , so glad things worked out for you and you continue to fight the good fight great inspiration thanks :blush: :pray:

3 Likes