22 hours and starting to feel the withdrawals

During the day I was fine but now I can start to feel the irritability that comes with not drinking… I’ve quit many times before so I know the process. Ive only reached 14 days sober since as long as I can remember. This is the first time quiting while using this app. I’m hoping it will help with the first 3 days of the actual physical withdrawals then help me keep going once those are gone then the constant mental battle to keep reminding myself that I can’t drink again… not even a little bit.

3 Likes

Day 1 was the toughest. Days to come wont be easy either, it will be a challenge. You can do it! Stay strong.

1 Like

You got this!! I was irritable the first couple of days too. Now I’ve calmed down and keep reminding myself of the positive effects and even the positive changes in my home after a week.

2 Likes

Hang in there. You can do this!

1 Like

If you did it once. You could do it again. Gotta be stronger this time. Believein yourself.

1 Like

Congrats on wanting to become a better version of yourself!! Deciding to stop drinking isn’t easy… withdrawals make it harder, bad days also make it hard, but stick with the decision you made. You know what you’re up against because you’ve done this before. Everything that you’re feeling today, we have all felt. Everything that you’ll feel tomorrow and the day after and next week and next month… we have all felt. You are not alone. We are all here for you :slight_smile: stay strong and sober :slight_smile: you can do it

1 Like

Thanks @ariana2607. Good advice and reminders. 19 minutes until 24 hours! Feeling better now. It’s like a roller coaster. Thank you :slight_smile:

I know how it feels let me just tell you stay strong… we all believe in you. We all been through this. And thanks to this forum i’m now 4 days sober. Because they all help me with they support and their stories. If you ever have the feeling of having a drink just come back to the forum and anyone will be here for you. We are all going through the same… and stay strong the first few days are very hard. And i’m glad you chose sobriety…

1 Like

Thank you @nardo.vidal I’m really determined this time and I really think this app will help . So many nice people who understand :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, 14 days is my record, currently on day 8. You can do this! You’re so much stronger than you think.

2 Likes

You can do this for sure

1 Like

Thanks @LewTangClan . I’m going to try and be so much stronger this time. I never did AA or any support group before so I kind of always tried on my own. But this app really has shown me how many people are dealing with the same thing and how many people have came through it and are sober, happier , healthier people. Thanks :slight_smile: