23 days clean all on my own

Local shelter, county substance use dept, and getting a social worker to help. There’s hope and a start.

1 Like

Stuck In a city I don’t even want to be in. But have no home and don’t know where to go… does anyone know what that’s like?

Doesn’t work for me… Tried shelters I just get robbed by the local homeless if I’m not in my truck. Social workers? I can’t even get food stamps … I have given it all a try but to no end.

Was getting money for unemployment but even got that stolen… And now cause I can’t verify who I am for stupid reasons can’t get that back… feel as if it’s all for not and been homeless for 6 years… how can it ever get better ?

Well, I think you are working on the most important thing. 23 days turns into 24 and so on… and something good will happen. Sometimes fast, sometimes slowly.

Hang tough brother

I’m trying and thank you

I’m only just surviving by donating plasma…

Hey there, friend. Are you still in Tucson? It does look like there are places there. I have never been in your situation, but if you still have your truck, maybe you can at least find a bed and leave you belongings and any money in your truck?

That’s the problem is if I leave anything in my truck it will be stolen

I have been robbed and lost everything in my life multiple times I’ve been down to the clothes on my back multiple times I have severe trust issues and cannot take chances anymore I just don’t have it in me

On top of all that have a window that’s taped up from somebody breaking itand so it’d be just that much easier for somebody to break in and steal my stuff or my truck

I don’t think anybody who hasn’t been in my situation will actually understand

I appreciate that you’re all trying to help I really do… and I really just made this post to vent there really isn’t anything anybody can do for me

There is options,

I get it no job no income relying on plasma donations which is not much. But consider options, alot of unskilled required work is required currently grocery stock, food delivery drivers, Amazon and other warehouses, from there you have options, sober living can get you in a group home go get yourself on your feet, and get together again under the conditions you choose to stay sober

1 Like

Your all funny. You can not get a job without an address

Ok did you read my last part of that?

Look into a sober living environment, often they work with organizations to get your first few weeks paid for so you can find work, get some groceries and get settled in.

I just Google searched your area, you have internet so take a gander

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.transitionalhousing.org/ci/az-tucson

1 Like

Ok thanks I’ll give em a call. Hopefully they have something

Unfortunately I just ran out of gas and now gotta be a bum and ask ppl for help… hate asking for help…

So glad to see you reaching out here friend.

I am sure me saying this doesn’t make it any easier, but we all need help to make it through. None of us do it alone.

I don’t know where in the world you are, but are you involved with any recovery networks? AA, NA, Recovery Dharma… More here >> Resources for our recovery

I hope you can find the things you need to make the journey feel more manageable :pray::sparkling_heart:

1 Like