24 Hours - Finally!

Absolutely battled every day for the last three weeks to get to 24 hours and finally made it. Small win. Trying to keep the momentum going now! W/d is rough but not unbearable.

26 Likes

I’m glad you’re still at it. Keep pushing through.

3 Likes

That’s amazing keep going, serving by second if needed :pray::+1:

2 Likes

Appreciate that!

1 Like

Thats a big win! No need to play it down…the first hours are the hardest, stay on here with us we are here to support u, well done…your doing it!!

3 Likes

Congratulations! It is a huge achievement and you did it! ODAAT. I am glad you kept trying each day! Now you know that you CAN do it! Lots of support here for you. Keep reading and keep checking in with updates. The accountability is super helpful.

3 Likes

not a small win my friend! keep working it odaat my friend - the beginning is hard but with a good support system it is possible.

You may also need to change up your routines. Make sure to have lots of hobbies and activities so that you don’t have idle time to deal with your urges. I did find great support on this site - have been dedicated to checking in here daily and found that doing daily gratitude’s are super helpful.

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Checking in daily to maintain focus #57
Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

2 Likes

Great Job!!! Keep coming back here reading and posting. We are so glad you are here choosing a healthier lifestyle for yourself.

1 Like

Hey good job

Keep it up and as others said, take it one minute at a time.
With time you will see it Becomes easier to deal with.
For me it took awhile to feel good sober but now i am learning who i truly am, and that is the most loving thing I have done for myself.

I come here and it helps me a lot as well :blush:
Keep it up!
Sending you lots of positive vibes :blush:

1 Like

Good job. Now, what can you do to make it to day two? Then three? Then four.

You do not drink. No matter what. Anything safe and legal you need to do to not drink is allowed and is a win.

Come here daily, hourly, and interact. Read read read. And share your days.

Surround yourself a recovery material. Pick out three resources and give them a real go. Meetings, books, podcasts are top of the list. Resources for our recovery

See you here tomorrow!

3 Likes

That’s awesome. Well done keep up the good work :clap:

2 Likes

I find the first few days are the hardest get one week out the way then the second week after that I find easier as days go by

Keep strong and keep up the good work

One day at a time

3 Likes