25 days sober again

I have quit before I want this to be the last time. Im so unhappy life feels meaningless. I cant stop wanting to isolate. I dont think ill ever be happy. I think when I would relapse I just didnt care. I just wish I could give up on life anyway so why even be sober. What is the point of anything. I do believe in God I do believe we all have a purpose and have to be positive. Its so hard to get out of this. The older I get the more hopeless it gets. I have so much to be thankful for I dont know why I have to hate my life when I have a life that isnt even so bad.

5 Likes

I’m 37 days sober… The only reason it stuck this time is bc i was able to find things to focus on and put my energy into… Something im proud of that i couldn’t do when I wasnt sober… Also if you’re anything like me you may need a doctor to assist with the depression phase. I have been diagonosed with MDD ( major depressive disorder) General anxiety disorder and PMDD along with my newest PTSD… Keep ya head up.

4 Likes

Being a junkie for over a decade i felt the same way. Like life didnt matter so might as well enjoy it and get high. After getting sober and getting out of the fog, i started realizing how special and beautiful it is to even be here and not on the other side of the dirt. Keep your head up and stay sober, its gotten easier for me everyday, i promise it will for you too.

2 Likes

Im sure going to therapy would help I did it a little before but it is so hard to get there and want to go

1 Like

Well i know drinking never really makes it better either thats why I want to stop it just makes it worst

2 Likes

Big facts. I know for my addiction it never did a damn thing positive for me. Sobriety on the other hand has reaped alot of benefits in a very short time. Try keeping yourself busy with a daily routine and hobbies, its helped me alot.

1 Like

Well right now i do all my counseling and even my iop classes on zoom or a phone conference

2 Likes

“I can’t stop wanting to isolate” is really interesting to read from someone else. I have had the same feeling for what feels like forever. I think of it as an extension of my natural instincts to avoid the judgement of others and desire to live as simple a life as possible.

By the way, I’m only just passed 24 hours sober so I’m right in the midst of the worst of it. Previously got 120 days which is the longest I’ve been sober for since I was 14 (32 now).

I appreciate the openness and honesty of your post and just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your journey.

3 Likes

@TristanLudlow isolating is how I lived in my addiction and when I came out of it everyone watching me judging me. Waiting on me to fail. It chased me back into my shell. So i started by joint forums. And then zoom classes and now i actuallu go to in person meetings… Start the socializing/ communication where ever you feel safe. And take baby steps As you feel ready to venture out farthing from your isolation. That was my strategy. And it’s working so far.

2 Likes