250 days without booze

Hi, all - just another touching base to share that today is 250 days without alcohol. After 41 years of consistent drinking, I finally have been able to stop. I’ve even gotten a friend to stop for the last month and he feels great, too. I just recently started reading again (I used to read a book per week) and am finding interest in many other aspects of life again, but it took 8+ months before these things really kicked in.
Trust me, if I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT. Stick with it and life will open up when you let it.
Best to all!

20 Likes

Good for you! Congrats on 250 days sober! :tada:

2 Likes

keep us posted on your journey wish you well

2 Likes

That is awesome!! Congrats on 250 days :partying_face:

2 Likes

I love your entire post! So much good going on for you. Congratulations on your 250 days and for encouraging a friend to try sobriety. :partying_face::blush:

2 Likes

Outstanding!! And rekindling old interests AND encouraging a friend in sobriety?? Just terrific. I think we all love “it’s never too late” stories!

3 Likes

Congratulations on 250 days! Awsome that you re-enjoy reading :books::hugs::sunflower:

2 Likes

(Btw … I started drinking VERY young :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

I hear you. Me, too. Waiting for my brain to be fully developed prior to poisoning it would have been a better plan. Young and stupid. But I’m still here on this earth …

2 Likes

Now wonderful!! Congratulations on your 250 days!!!

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:

1 Like