27 days clean an sober from alcohol

27 days sober an feeling alone an forgotten!
Why would people forget about me… why won’t they let me show them I’m different give me a bone a good comment something to work with.

10 Likes

First, congrats on 27 days…thats a huge accomplishment. As far as my story goes, I “tried” to quit for 22 years. This time, i have done a lot and accrued a bunch of days. People will be skeptical in the beginning, especially if this isnt your first attempt at sobriety. For me atleast, what they thought doesnt matter. I am doing this for me, not then. Once they see how serious you are, see the days adding up, they will jump on board

4 Likes

Congratulations on 27 days. The truth is most people will not care what you do. Do it for yourself and don’t look for validation. Hell my own parents really don’t care that I got sober, but that doesn’t bring me down. Either find a support group like AA or just come here. Just do you.

Congratulations on stringing 27 days in a row. As alcoholics/addicts, we were master manipulators. After a while, our friends and loved ones learned they couldn’t believe what we said. Actions speak louder than words. It wasn’t until I had 90 days clean that my family believed i was recovering. It was 6 months before my wife started believing me when I said I was going to the grocery store that that was the only place I went and wasn’t trying to score drugs. Now after one year, she put me on a bank account that she opened only in her name when I went into rehab. Don’ t tell them you’re recovering, show them. Our actions for now are the only things they’ll listen to. Keep stacking those days on top of each other.d

7 Likes

Well done for your hard won 27 days. That’s nearly a month of bloody hard work!
Give people time. If you are like me, I tried so many times, it was a bit like the boy who cried wolf
Just keep doing what you’re doing for you, make yourself a better person.

1 Like

Congratulations on 27 days! Keep on going! The more days you get you’ll start noticing many changes in yourself. It takes time for others to notice, adapt, trust and realize you’re serious about your sobriety. I felt alone too, sometimes I still do but it’s not an easy journey, just be strong, confident and love yourself because you are amazing and worth it :wink:

Is the first day the hardest?

I do have an AA group I go to everyday

1 Like

That is a wonderful thing! AA saved me.

I’m not looking for them to approve I guess… I am doing me an getting good at doing me it just hit has its hard times.

1 Like

For me, it’s days 3-10 that seem to be the hardest. I never had the physical withdrawal symptoms though, purely psychological. Probably varies person to person.