28 days 22 hours sober

Hi all

28 days 22 hours sober & quit smoking same day

Had my last black out messed up very badly fell in the road and was close to being mince meat (busy traffic) end of the line . Always been a drinker 30 years in moderation but last few years , 1 drink turned into 10 then whisky or jack Daniels every Friday & Saturday .Also started to drink heavily after work definitely over the alcohol limit driving to work next day

Its been extremely difficult breaking the pattern still gagging for a drink but my life would be over soon if i didn’t quit drinking . No job , no driving licence , no wife

Quitting smoking ( 35 years coughing) quite easy after 2 weeks of withdrawal from nicotine

16 Likes

Welcome Kvee
Congratulations on your almost 29 days.
Great job :clap::clap::clap::clap:
I glad you found us.

This is a great place to get and give support that helps keep me sober.
I’ve never in my life ever had just one. No chance of that happening now.

Not hacking up a lung in the shower each morning and looking for smokes and planning my day around my next drink has been so freeing.

Have a good read around. Join in when you’re comfortable. I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Welcome Kvee and congratulations to 29 days sobriety :clap: I had to quit booze and smokes at the same time as well, as one was fueling the other. It was tough, but so worth it. It gets better and better, day by day. Glad you found us and looking forward to see you around. :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome! Congrats on your sober time glad to have you here :heart: I’m still working up to quitting nicotine. For me I had to give up alcohol and get myself away from that first. I have found they’re independent things for me to address. Plus, being in the baseball world it’s hard to get away from chew but I’m working on a plan now that I have a good bit of alcohol free days under my belt. Wishing you the best one day at a time.

2 Likes

Thanks for replys guys , very encouraging vibes :+1:

1 Like

…Seems like ya know what ya need to do…and ya didn’t crash and burn first…Good on ya…

Be well

1 Like