2nd day, want to drink tonight

I dunno the rules here tbh. Felt like I wanted to drink, thought I dunno maybe I’d give this a try. Last time I tried to stop was like 7 months ago and the longest I made it was 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Hi :wave: and welcome.

There is lots of information and links to helpful posts in the FAQs

Reaching out here instead of reaching for a drink sounds like a good idea to me! I would also recommend reading through the threads, use the search bar if there’s something specific you’re interested in. We all have different stories but we have a lot in common and I’m sure you’ll find some stuff that you can relate to.

3 Likes

I haven’t had much luck myself and this will be my second night sober as well. I am tired of the same old drinking routine and I hope both of us quit our doc. Good luck.

1 Like

Well, you’re here, so sounds like you dont want to drink. So the choice is simple, dont drink. I know it’s not as easy as it sounds, but there are ways to overcome. Welcome!

Thanks for the replies.

Made it to day 3.

6 Likes

That’s the ticket man. Just don’t drink today and you’ll be a-ok

Take one hour at a time then one day and see the time pass. You need to be prepared for possibly some not so nice physical symptoms for a bit but know that they are temporary and on day 24 here I can tell it’s worth it. I never thought I would get this far and without this group I doubt I would have. Check in loads ask loads read loads and the very best of luck x

1 Like

The first Friday/weekend, I’ve encountered since this stent of sobriety. It’s not going too well. I’m not even sure why I want to drink. It’s okay for a few hours, but the shitty feeling the day thereafter is awful. My roommate told me they were gong out for a few beers, and I think they just let it skip and didn’t think about it.

You don’t want to drink! The first weekend was the hardest for me but man, I am SO thankful I stood firmly. Have you got any programs near you that you could go to tonight instead? Anything else you can do to take your mind off it? I stayed in bed and basically slept first weekend sober but I’ve known others that found relief in staying busy, one minute, one hour into one day at a time. Stay strong, it really does get easier after this! Just keep building your sober muscles with us here.

3 Likes

I associated drinking with fun for years, I didn’t know how to have any fun sober/not loaded.

At some point it became more than fun, it became a way of life, a habit, and even when it wasn’t fun but tearing my life to shreds I continued to drink… because that’s what drunks/I did.

Being as you’re very early on, I’d skip all the going out festivities. Learn to just chill and be cool with yourself, that’s what I did and it’s been working for over 9 months.

1 Like