3 weeks without a drink, and 39 miles into 2021 running challenge

Feeling really great both physically and mentally, no way I’m drinking again at this point. I am laser focus on achieving my goal of running 2021km this year, and I know doing this simply wouldn’t be possible for me if I were still trying to push through hangovers. Anybody else have some passionate goals they have set for themselves which are incompatible with their vices, and ultimately help them overcome their addictions?

9 Likes

I’m so happy. I feel your motivation. I have already ran 30 miles in 2021. My goal is a 1/2 marathon. With covid, I may have to map out one for myself. 3 weeks… Im so proud of you. Keep on going… Im am behind you 100%. Are you able to make meetings?

Second goal: LOVE love love myself and not look to a man to do it for me. Yeah!

5 Likes

There is 5ks and such out there even with COVID, in fact Vienna had one not too long ago obviously social distancing applies

1 Like

In April they canceled alot of runs in GA before I got here. Looking for a 10k. Ill have to do homework on the area. Ive only been here a week.

Ahh where’s here?

Princeton WV.

1 Like

Copy that, were neighboring states .

Congrats!!! Keep up the good work

1 Like

There are a few active fitness threads which you might have seen already, but posting them here in case not :blush:

When I first stopped drinking I was training for a 34 mile walk. Being alcohol free made getting up to walk for 5+ hours on a Sunday morning sooo much easier!

2 Likes

Its funny I still ran when I was still drinking heavily,

When I first got sober my run times were horrifying. Compared to my previous time, it took almost a month to get it down,

I have an interview later regarding another potential site closer to home, my one colleague interviewed and said no way, they want a 12 minute mile run.

Listening to him carry on about you never chase people a mile, and in real time your wearing 50 lbs of gear, 50 lbs of donuts, and getting bogged down. I use to run with my gear on just to get comfortable

I used to like going to the Princeton Rays baseball games. The Appalachian League was always a favorite.

I dont know nuttin about this little ol’ town. Trying to warm up to it… So far I only make meetings and run alot to keep me busy. Im an Atlanta Braves fan. So, I do enjoy baseball.

1 Like

WV from what I understand is quite the quaint little town place,

Here is expensive, nice but I’m over it,

1 Like

Just curious. How did you pick Princeton to move to?

I started on a workout regiment myself. I workout in a cardio gym. I hit the rowing machine one day and then the treadmill the next. Repeat and rinse every day. One rest day. I’m planning to do a ruck march on rest day. Also, I do pullups and situps when every day at the cardio gym as well. I’m 36-years-old. I’m not going to let these young dude’s out perform me where I’m at :laughing: