3 years and a day

I did a quick search and couldn’t find an existing thread to post in so I’m making my own.
This morning 3 years ago I woke up and decided that I had enough and wasn’t going to drink again.

I had strung 54 days sober in July/August? But threw it away and dug an even deeper hole than I ever imagined I could. Went from daily blackouts after work, to drinking vodka for breakfast and the rest of the day on the weekends, beers on the way to work and lunch, drinking in the car on the way home so that when I got home I was already ahead of the game and it didn’t look like I drank as much.

I don’t know how I was able to keep my job and not get a dui but luck was on my side. Luck runs out eventually and I wasn’t trying to find out when.

I found this app after a week sober the first run and stayed with on it every single day. Even when I relapsed. Didn’t post then but always read. I still read ever single day. I obviously don’t post much, but read everything.

It’s not always easy but it’s definitely worth it. There’s not a bad day that drinking won’t make worse and there’s definitely a good day drinking can ruin, so I’ll just focus on today and get through it sober.

Happy New Year everyone!

21 Likes

Congratulations on your three years :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:
That’s wonderful :balloon::balloon::balloon:
I also think it’s pretty cool how you come here and read and it helps you even though you don’t participate much. I keep seeing people like yourself popping in once and a great while. And I just think it’s amazing how this one little app can be such a life saver.
:pray:t2::heart:
Now would be a great time for me to say thank you @Robin

1 Like

So happy for you! I am glad I got to be around for your journey and I’m so proud of you. :hugs:

1 Like

Congratulations!! You truly are an inspiration. Thank you being apart of this awesome community.
congrats fireworks

1 Like

Always a pleasure seeing you @Jante76!! And what a beautiful post to read this New Year!! Congratulations on your 3 years +1 day!! Such incredible work and preserverance, so much to be proud of. Well done!!! :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations @Jante76 !! I have not been in here in a while and thought I’d pop in, and yours was the first post I saw. I’m coming up on 3 years in a few weeks, thanks for the inspiration and the reminder of where I came from and that I never want to go back. Huge congrats! :blush::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Awesome. It’s always nice to see you pop in! Glad you’re doing well!

1 Like

Congratulations, Jason! That’s amazing!

1 Like

Awesome job! What an accomplishment!

1 Like

Happy New Years amigo! I can relate to that Luck! Congratulations ^.^

1 Like

Congratulations Jason!! :confetti_ball:
And a Happy New Year for you too!

1 Like