3 years - What a ride it's been

I’ve written this several times now and I jus can’t seem to get it right, so I’ll keep it short.

Today marks my 3 year anniversary since I’ve quit drinking.

3 years ago, I was a drunk, and now I am not. I got here through a lot of hard work, facing hard truths, making hard choices and feeling uncomfortable a lot of the time, which was hard. The theme here is, it was hard getting where I am today - but I never gave up.

While this journey was not easy, it was and continues to be worth it.

I’d like to thank my predecessors; You lead the way and passed down the invaluable knowledge and truths.

My contemporaries, it was your support that got me through the low moments, and you were there to celebrate the wins! If not for you, I wouldn’t be here today.

And to our successors: Sharing our stories and passing down our knowledge helps us stay on our path and seeing you succeed brings me (and all of us) joy.

Thanks everyone!

I used to drink to fit in, now I don’t drink to stand out.

29 Likes

Congratulations! What an encouraging post an amazing milestone :tada::confetti_ball::sparkling_heart::pray::hugs:

1 Like

Congrats! Your words are very inspiring. I was 8 months continuously sober then slipped. Starting over I’m almost to 30 days. I look forward to not having to look back …. Someday.

1 Like

Woo hoo! Congratulations!! Keep passing down that knowledge and I’ll keep soaking it up. Thank you for being so supportive and sharing your awesome music.

3ov9kaW3wyiefU3GGA

3 Likes

3 years!!! What a wonderful soberversary!!! Congrats!!! You are such a wonderful inspiration!! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congrats! You have been a plethora of knowledge and encouragement throughout the years! Bravo to you! Thanks for being here and sharing your huge 3 year milestone! :grin: :clap:

2 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!! What an inspiration, thank you for sharing!

1 Like

What an amazing coincidence!
Three years ago I was also a drunk!
What are the chances?

CONGRATULATIONS @Dejavu

You’ve been a bigger part of my journey than you know, and I’m always appreciative of your presence and input on the boards.

11/10 great guy. Would recommend.

3 Likes

Personally, I think Dans have the best sobriety…

2 Likes

So very very happy for you!! Congratulations on your hard fought 3 years…such an incredible accomplishment!! Bravo!!

1 Like

There you are Dan, welcome to the 3 years tribe😉
Congratulations!! :tada::tada::tada:
gbrf,8x10,f,540x540-pad,450x450,f8f8f8

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations Dan! I appreciate your presence on the forum! Wishing you a fab day celebrating and continued growth and happiness on your journey! :raised_hands::raised_hands::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

3 years of getting better at getting better! Way to get after it!

1 Like

Great accomplishment ,great post .
Congratulations and big hug from me!

1 Like