30 day rehab soon..feeling down..advice?

All my paper work is almost done for a 30 day residential treatment for April, it’s such a process and when they mentioned 30 days i felt it was excessive. It was take it or leave it but i know i need some kind of help. Feel the days leading up i just use to drink knowing that drinking for special occasions will not be possible, i need to live a sober happy life. As well as
Me and my boyfriend have broken up last week and i told him he can still visit me in rehab like planned occasionally its up to him to be there even if it’s just as a friend. After forcing him to talk well just communicate he had said when we were were drinking i dont think i can be that strong for you. In reguards to after the breakup i said I need to focus on myself and i can’t imagine coming back to the drinking we so all the time. He said he would still visit me but makes smart ass remarks about the relationship so I’m confused. Just at work feeling down as hell thinking about everything and how going through this alone is going to be with no family around or knowing about my issue. Trying to keep that smile on my face as usual when I’m just dead inside…this turned into a rant but I’m just here for ANY advice. Getting sober is all on me nobody else had ideas about taking my life yesterday and I haven’t had that issue in a while since seeing my psychiatrist. Maybe it’s my demons afraid to finally meet the light soon.

4 Likes

30 days of your life seems like a huge length of time in your life but it isn’t really! I did 160 days and it flew by. Other people in treatment will be there for you, you won’t be completely alone. I know how that feels though I had no friends or family support while in treatment but others in treatment and in AA meetings helped me so much.
They’ll help you in treatment work through your emotions and with your boyfriend you’ve broken up with. It’s really good you’ve finished the paperwork for it. Just focus on getting into treatment and don’t be afraid to rant! We all do

3 Likes

You can do it.

Think of it as a positive. You get to spend 30 days focused 100% on you and your health. I would LOVE to do that. I get that it isn’t a hotel or anything and that it will be hard but everything will be for your benefit. Nobody else. That’s an amazing opportunity. Embrace that.

4 Likes

Ive been twice. Its what you make of it. If you really want to stop its going to be great. The first time i went i honestly thought i was ready to stop drinking. The first week was rough but they gave me some medicine for the withdrawal and slowly weened me off. The food there was really good. Everyone there was very supportive and friendly. They were all going through the same thing (some may have been different drugs but addiction is the common place) and everyone seemed to have a commrodery to get eachother through the day. Its a structured day lots of meetings. The second time i went i was sort of forced into it and didnt want to be there and i was thinking about my ex the whole time and just left early. It works if you want it to.

1 Like

I was very afraid to say yes to checking in. I made sure I was a sponge and took in everything. I was determined to become sober. I now have over a year under my belt and it was the best thing I ever did.

2 Likes

I have a spouse, 3 kids, a good brother, a caring family so to speak. But none of them is really knowing were I’m going trough. The just think I quit ant that’s it. They think it’s easy. Because for them it’s easy. They don’t have a drinking problem.
So in my drinking problem, my addiction, I’m alone and feeling lonely. That’s why I’m here on TS.
In rehab you will find people like us. People who suffer the same way and are fighting the same way. You are not alone anymore with that. You are starting to heal! The proffesionals there know what to do and say to guide you in the right direction. You feel better soon! :heart:

4 Likes

To be honest if the relationship isnt strong and hes going to continue to use. Then you should probably distance urself from him. Many of us took this sober journey single and after a break-up. No need to keep that negative energy around and thinking to save something that really needs to exit your life… Its hard to think about but with time away the easier it will get. Getting sober will feel the same way as you give that long lived alcohol affair up too…

2 Likes

I don’t have any real advice, but I will say you’re not the only one going through this alone. I lost my good friend that was supporting me. I can even make it to three days now, hopefully you’re stronger than me because I don’t think I can do this alone. Sorry if what I said that I mean anything, I’m coming off the high of a relapse and can’t think.

1 Like

Losing someone u care about is always hard but even if I’m still lost thank you for tour advice. Losong your friend is hard…easier said then done but what would he want for you? Probably the
best u sober.

Thank you for your advice i ended up making up with my boyfriend and not listening to anyone just to be hurt again but im still going to the rehab alone and everything happens for a reason.

1 Like

I’m really proud of you for stepping up. Don’t forget about us when you leave. I for one would miss you a lot if you never came back.

2 Likes

I did rehab. Mine was felt like a fast ride to get there. I’d gotten arrested for my 3rd DUI, and within a week, I got checked into rehab, agter a 3 day stint in the psych unit. I was terrified, but amazingly, it was some of the best days of my life. It was hard, and painful, but I am so glad I went, I am now just over 14 months sober, and plan on going to work for the rehab center in September. Be open, honest and willing. Even when you think you can’t, you can. And must if you truly want to make it work. Sending lots of love, and remember, we will be here when you finish your 30 days! Be strong!

5 Likes