30 days! Oddly, the hardest day yet!?

I’ve been looking forward to this day. And apparently I worked myself up too much because I have;
Incredible anxiety.
Terrible craving for alcohol. (Friday was always a prime drinking day)
Very emotional
Scared
Compulsive thinking.
On and on negative BS…

My damn alcoholic brain is really trying all its old tricks today!!

6 Likes

that’s your addict brain talking. Your addict brain wanted you to celebrate a work week done. Maybe in the future make sure you’ve got some sparkling water to clebrate with a healthy non-alcoholic drink?
As for the 1 month…Holy shit, that’s awesome. I truly believe the first month is the hardest. There will be hard times, but they will be better than one good day in addiction.

1 Like

Christine, Congrats on your 1 month AF free! I totally get where your coming from. I’m on almost Two months…those thoughts and feelings creep up and that evil voice whispers, BUT you have control…you hold the power. Dig deep…do whatever you have to do, but don’t give into the lies of that addictive voice.

You are stronger than you know…if you need to chat…please, just keep talking. We’re here for ya!

And we are super proud of the strides you have made!

It’s all part of the process. Milestones are tricky. After you get through this urge the next will be easier. Stay busy, and keep checking in. Keep fighting and keep growing. Congrats on 30 days