30 days sober after a long struggle with sobriety

Well things have been going great. I am ,45 days sober and no cravings until today. Found out that my fiance has been sending sex texts to s woman. He claims that’s all it’s been. He sites the drunken stupor I’ve been in for the past , two years as the reason. I know it wasn’t easy watching me padded out most nights but perhaps he could have found a better way to cope. Craving a drink bad now for the first time. Confused and not sure what to do. :confused::cocktail:

4 Likes

Don’t give him the satisfaction of stealing ur sobriety. His actions are his alone, not ur fault. While I don’t doubt the stress of having a partner with a drink problem, long term partners should help each other.

1 Like

Drinking will definitely not help this situation. In fact I will make it worse. Don’t set yourself up for more than you already have on your plate. This is a situation that you will need clear thoughts for.
Good luck!

It’s times like this when drinking should be the furthest thing from your mind. You need a clear head to think things through and communicate with your partner. Drinking is only going to hurt you and your relationship even more in the end.

2 Likes