30 Days, the big goal, and a thank you

Hi everyone,
I wasn’t going to make a separate post for the 30-day mark, but I have some things I wanted to say.

Today is day 30. Feels great to be back.
First of all, I wanted to thank everyone here in this community. Something that has been missing in my sobriety in the past is having people that understand what I’m trying to do and what it entails. I have support in “real life”, but no one that has lived through this struggle and shares that type of understanding. You were here on my day 1, when I made my first post, uncertain and exhausted. You were here on my day 2, when I was at work with tears welling in my eyes from anxiety, exhaustion, frustration, and overwhelming feelings of loneliness. I go back and read that post and it reminds me just how alcohol leaves me as a total shell of a person when all is said and done. You have been here every day since. I have gotten better every day since, and I plan to keep doing so. On to day 31…32…33…50, 60, 90, 100.

Day 30 means I am 100 days from 130. Why 130 days? Well, that’s the longest I have ever gone free of drinking, and I desperately want to get back there…and then pummel that goal. “Forever” is of course the ultimate goal.

Day 130 will land on October 17th, which is 10 days shy of my 30th birthday. I’d say this is a pretty good present to give myself.

Thanks again, truly, to all of you. I absolutely consider you friends and certainly brothers/sisters in this struggle.
Lastly, thanks for indulging me in some of my lengthy posts…there’s a few things I’m known for, and brevity is not one of them :slight_smile:

Have a great day, everyone.
Tristan

15 Likes

It would appear that we’re sober twins Tristan. Today is my day 30 as well after a relapse. Congratulations! Well done on 30 days! Here’s to getting better at getting better!

1 Like

I didn’t know we were sober twins! :slight_smile:
I thought it was just myself and @Bob123.

Go us! Congratulations and Happy 30, ya’ll. See you at 31.

2 Likes

Congratulations Tristan on your 30!! A huge accomplishment!! Keep up the good work!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Your posts are always so encouraging :smiley:

1 Like

Good work!

1 Like

Thank you sir – you’re a good dude to have around here, I’ve benefited from more than a few of your posts/replies. Thanks!

Congratulations, Tristan! You have worked so hard and come so far. Well done, you!

1 Like

30 days, nicely done. We can all get to where we want to be with the first step.

Keep trudging your road to happy destiny bro, the journey to rediscovering you is the best journey you can ever embark on

1 Like

Well done!! So much strength is gained from knowing your not alone in this battle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations, keep going and keep on making those positive changes.

2 Likes