300 days no gaming

I’m a little a late! But good job Dutchie :heart::heart::heart: so proud of you :hugs::heart::facepunch:

1 Like

Good job man.

Your post made me think of something. This past week I’ve been having flashbacks or memories of my old gaming days, from about 12 to 15-16 or so. I was powergaming, playing an old role play game that was basically another life. Dreaming about it, signing the music of it when I wasn’t playing, thinking about what next skills I’ll go for while I was at school, the trill of coming back home to see if my macros had worked and how much did I gained…

All this to say, last week I quit drinking and during the past weeks as I was having some craving I was looking to do anything instead of drinking. Mostly I’ve ordered food and drank lots of Pepsi, and watched movies, lol. BUT I did had the vivid memories of this game… I remembered the songs and the pictures of it, and how me and my brother used to play, but mostly I’ve remembered the feeling I had…

And just by visualisation, I known right away that I still couldn’t play to this. I don’t play game since my teen ages because I know I’m too obsessed with it and I could loose my life on it.

After all these years, I still have that feeling when I think about that game. I remember saying to myself that when I’ll retire I’ll play this game instead of doing nothing in my hospital bed lol. Hopefully I’ll try to have a family to talk to when I get there.

Keep up the good work. great job on those days.

1 Like