365 days of self love

Holy smokes it’s been a long journey to get one year. In the process I’ve learned how much I can handle emotionally and learned alot about how I want to live my life.
I’ve been on this journey since August '16 and never imagined having 1 year down. I’ve had some pretty dark times during this time trying to stay sober and each time I picked my messy self up and tried again.
The most important thing for me has been doing things that make me happy in placement of my old bad habits. I constantly re evaluate my life, and then make adjustments.

I always say this but I’ll share it as many times as I can because I feel it has helped me.
“We can pick up new ideas, new beliefs at anytime and shed the old skin of what we no longer identify with.”

I’m looking forward to what this next year of self discovery will entail.

15 Likes

Isn’t it wonderful to be able to look forward. Congratulations.

2 Likes

wonderful to hear! CONGRATULATIONS! keep at it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This can’t be applauded enough. Drinks and drugs gave us something, good or bad, and re/discovering things that are healthy to replace it are very instrumental.

Keep up the good work, keep inspiring us all.

2 Likes

I mentioned this at my meeting tonight. I now do the things I said I enjoyed when I was drinking rather than just talking drunken shit and never doing anything.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 365! Freedom!!

1 Like

Thank you!!:blush: freedom is such a good way to explain it.

1 Like

So so very true. I remember not knowing what to do with all the extra time I had from not drinking. I would make all these cool plans about what I wanted to do and they’d never happen because I’d get too drunk and it would take up that whole day and then the next day for recovering. Now I actually enjoy what I wanted to do and then I can wake up and feel good and enjoy my coffee without needing it and feeling sick and afraid I’ll throw it up.

Woo-hoo! Congratulations girl!! :green_heart:

1 Like

:purple_heart::purple_heart:thanks girl!