365 days sober

After 40 years of drinking, I truly never thought I would be able to get sober…but here I am. This time something finally clicked and I got over that quit/relapse cycle I was stuck in for years.

My life has changed so much since finding sobriety. I never realized just how incredibly shitty being a drunk made me…physically, emotionally and mentally. I was a slave to that next drink. Who knew life could feel so good? Not this old girl.

Finding this forum when I began this final push was an important part of my journey and I want to thank you all for your honesty, kindness and knowledge and for sharing. I was especially touched by Angie whose wisdom and guidance were so valuable a year ago.

I am incredibly grateful to be sober and living life free. This year has been a true gift.

Never give up, never surrender. :hearts:

50 Likes

FB_IMG_1521149031195

15 Likes

Way to go! So glad to see you get this first year under your belt. It’s been an honor being on the board with you. Congratulations

2 Likes

Congratulations! 365 days is an amazing accomplishment. And I’m so glad you’re enjoying life!

1 Like

Congratulations sassy. Wonderful! On to the next one :grinning:Have a great weekend.

1 Like

Omg Yea Sassy!!!So happy for you right now! You’re my inspiration!!!:hugs:

1 Like

Wow thats awesome… So inspiring

1 Like

congratulations thats wonderful :slight_smile: way to go!!!

1 Like

Oh my goodness!!! I’m so happy for you pal!! Congratulations! Thank you for helping me stay sober :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations @Sassyrocks I love your energy and wisdom and you have helped me and so many others find health and happiness by sharing your journey. This brought joy to my heart.

1 Like

Congrats!! Such great news, thanks for all your wisdom and support here. Hope you treat yourself to something nice today! :smile:

1 Like

Wow congrats!!

1 Like

100-percent

3 Likes

Congrats! He’ll of an achievement !!

1 Like

Congratulations @SassyRocks. So happy to see you make a big milestone!

1 Like

Congrats lady! So glad to share this forum with such a strong woman. Love to see you get that 1 year. Can’t wait till I get mine. Bet it sounds awesome rolling off the tongue, “I’ve been sober for a year.”

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Great job! I’m happy for you and inspired by your example.

1 Like

An incredible achievement. Congratulations… Truly an inspiration…

1 Like

Gongratulations @SassyRocks - 365 incredible days!

1 Like