38 full days on 39th day. The longest I've been is 38 days. Just need to write

Hello im here again

Im on my 39th day with no weed or alcohol or any mind altering drug, the longest I’ve ever been clean and sober. I needed to write down my progress for more will power and also maybe get a little extra help and support.

Today I find out if I got a job as a dishwasher after a month of struggling to find a job. It looks like I’m getting it but if it’s a no I will be really upset.

I’m in a new relationship for month number 3 this month and she has also been through a lot. I wanted to show her this place and told her about it. We both support eachothers goals and progress.
I tell her when i have my cravings because we agreed to talk be4 acting. It so helps.
I havnt been to a meeting in a while but maybe it’s time to check in with the AAs.

Today I just want to find out if I finally have a job. I find out in about 5hours

9 Likes

Nice streak you have going. Keep building and discovering the sober you! I really hope you get the job too! Crossing my fingers and toes for you

1 Like

Hi Matt, that’s awesome, 39 days, you have a lot to be proud of. I hope you get the job too :pray:, you have to let us know. Keep doing what you’re doing and stay strong! I’m on day 17, so you’re an inspiration to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Great job on such a long sober streak, keep it up 🫶🏼

1 Like

yeah defo, congratulations on your sober days and what a better way to celebrate your pb than to go and share your journey with a newcomer. Just like the rest of us they can only imagine 38 days sober. Go show someone it’s possible.

1 Like

Heyy everyone :slight_smile:

Sorry it took so long to reply. I was napping.

Cravings can suck up a lot of energy but at least i feel excellent now.

I just need to wait one hour be4 finding out if i have the job.

Out of 17 years including about 12 years of relapses this is the longest streak I’ve been sober so there is a lot of pressure I’m putting on me.

Reaching out helps me feel a lot better.

3 Likes

That’s awesome you feel Excellent! Keep that positive attitude, I find for me, it helps.

1 Like

Now i need to wait till monday to find out if I have the job

Ughghg its frustrating

I have somany good oppertunities but i need the job. Arms reach if i get the job. I have a very good chance.

I do though feel much better then earlier. No craving and im very comfy in my skin

The addict in me said it would do more good then bad and a hole was needing to be filled I thought. I hate that hole in my belly feeling
The energy was drained.

I didnt pick up though
Naps helped
Talking it out helped
Writting here helped
And support helped

Thank you everyone

2 Likes

Hi Matt

I’m a newbie here and like Maxwell said to you, your’e an inspration.

Good luck with the job - regardless what happens, whether you get it or you don’t, life dishes out negatives and positives to everyone - we always eventually end up in balance for a reason :slight_smile:

And I just wanted to say the open ‘talk b4 acting’ support from your new partner that you have is awesome - it’s something I don’t have from my wife who doesn’t understand addiction full-stop. So if you have a partner you can be open and honest with I think that is fantastic Matt because my issues have dragged on for many many years longer than needed to be because of a complete lack of dialogue around hard topics such as feelings, emotions and struggles. PS - we love each other by the way.

Goodluck Matt

2 Likes

Heyy :slight_smile:

I’m very lucky to have my partner. She’s worth it all to me

I tell her I love her everyday. I think that’s very important for us. She’s a lil tom boy lol but very beautiful. She’s the type that will call me a idiot after i say i love you to her. We understand eachother.

Id love for her to visit this site. I told her about it but is still unsure to open up but i told her she can read all she wants. Right now all she wants is a suvice dog.

She gave me permission to talk about her issues a little
She has mental health a little like mine but also very different then me. She has also been through a lot.
Thats all i really can say about her
Id like her to open up herself on here when she is ready

Also i appreciate your support and it feels very good to have inspired you. That means a lot. Im human just like you. You opening up.to me is just as inspirational

1 Like

On day 43 clean and sober

Tomorrow is my first day at a new job as a dish washer
Im not too sure but it looks like a good 9hours of work comming my way
With my first check, i would love to buy a dog

I have a good plan in place with my pay checks
First comes the dog then my own apartment then I would love to start driving again

I have spent every penny ive ever worked for on drugs and alcohol and learned to live on the bare minimum financially. Thats why i was never able to keep a job
Its hard to stay working when your entire check is gone in 1 day for drugs and alcohol

I woke up easy and in good spirits
My roomates are all smiles
Quiet here and outside has a really nice chill to it

Today is a amazing oppertunity to stay sober and clean
My coin is in my pocket
My streak is also still on track

Have a good day everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like