3rd relapse on it's way

Hi everyone! I’m a french canadian from Quebec City and i’m on “Sober Time” for almost a year. I’m trying to quit alcohol and weed for like 4-5 years now. It’s been a disaster for 3-4 years but since last year and a half I have been working with psychologists and my family, my friends and my girlfriend were helping me but since the beginning of the pandemic I’ve been drinking a lot and smoking too… I don’t know what to do… I really want to quit drugs but anxiety is sooo hard on me. Do you guys have any tricks?
Thanks and don’t give up either!! Peace!!

5 Likes

Twelve steps
Think just for today, because that makes it way easier then thinking “I won’t use for the rest of my life”
Read a lot on this app, there are a lot of people here who want to help you.
Checking in daily to maintain focus in the checking in daily to maintain focus thread.
Find something to fill the time you can’t do anything: drawing, walking/running, mountain biking, Netflix(but be careful with how often), meditation/mindfulness.
Hope this helps, good luck

5 Likes

Thanks! It’s true that to come here and read about people who lives the same things that you live is inspiring and really helpfull!! And yess I began some meetings but they were stopped by the pandemic…

2 Likes

Thanks! You’re totally right using the “I won’t use for the rest of my life” line is so freaking me out…! I have to take it one day at a time and one hour at a time in some case, it will help my anxiety.

1 Like

What caused you to relapse in the pandemic?

Have you thought about AA/NA or other programmes that use the 12 steps? They are still doing zoom meetings worldwide so worth a shot!

1 Like

Stress, anxiety, depression and also I was alone at home too often.

You can start with these videos.
They are from SMART meetings that I attend.
They may resonate with you.

I would recommend trying meetings SMART, AA, NA, Recovery Dharma, etc.
Find which format seems to work best for you and attend regularly.
I like you can could not quit without Talking Sober and Meetings.
You have others like family and mental care as well. Use all of it to help you quit.

2 Likes

Maybe you could truly avoiding being home alone often. Maybe you could get a pet to keep you companionship

You’re right! I have some close friends that could help me! But it’s hard for me to be arround them because I really want to drink and just have fun when i’m with them…

Then simply tell them not to bring booze if they come over

I quit drinking and smoking at the same time. My profile info shows what I did to achive this. I struggled with this for many years and hope to have finaly found the solution. 27 days and counting. I am sure you can do it. If you need more info sent me a ping.

Everyone has there thing my friend I’m personally on day 3 of my sobriety and at this moment I wanna smoke as well that’s why I’m on this amazing tool also I’ve struggled for awhile and at this point im pissed I really sat down and thought to myself that I’m bigger much bigger than this craving thinking back on my relapses I never had a thought that I was bigger but now I think much more of myself long story short love who you are and keep pounding it’s a fight and you will win

2 Likes

Acknowledge the craving & let it pass…deep breaths. The feeling won’t last forever, promise :blush:

1 Like

But what to do when those feeling keep on coming back, was sober for almost 3 weeks, but drank this weekend, i dont know how to help myself

It’s a rough patch-we are used to patterns and habitual actions. You drank for a long period of time, it’s part of your habit reel. When you have those feelings, do something-pop on here, call a friend, go on a walk. Journal! Journaling was huge for me. With covid too there are aa meetings virtually that you can hop onto. You aren’t alone and you don’t have to be alone when those feelings come up